Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC Gaming Build

• Please log in to reply

Scarytankman10

Scarytankman10

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Just want to see if all these parts are compatible.
https://www.pccasege...tion=wish_lists

Also any advice on lowering costs on the build would be appreciated Thank you.
Regards Tyrone

Edited by Scarytankman10, 15 March 2014 - 06:08 AM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts
:welcome: Scarytankman10

Your aftermarket cooler, a very important thing I must make you aware of is that you do not need the additional heatsink and CPU fan and if you did use it you would void your CPU warranty both AMD and Intel are clear on this, see below;
AMD;
This Limited Warranty shall be null and void if the AMD microprocessor which is the subject of this Limited Warranty is used with any heatsink/fan other than the one provided herewith.

Full AMD article @ http://support.amd.c...earLimited.aspx

Intel;
damage to the Product due to external causes, including accident, problems with electrical power, abnormal electrical, mechanical or environmental conditions, usage not in accordance with product instructions, misuse, neglect, alteration, repair, improper installation, or improper testing;

Full Intel article available @ http://www.intel.com...b/cs-009862.htm

For gaming and a 64-bit OS you do not need any more than 8GB of Ram so you can save some cash there, the rest of the build looks good :thumbsup:

Scarytankman10

Scarytankman10

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for your advice I was not aware about the warranty thing so i will just use the stock heatsink and as for the RAM i did think 16gb was a bit of an overkill so once again thank you

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts
You are most welcome Scarytankman10 :)

I know you would like to save some cash but what about adding an SSD for your OS and your favourite game.

Crucial SSD

Scarytankman10

Scarytankman10

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Yeah I was considering putting in a SSD for my OS and most played games because they load a lot faster.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts
Nice build :thumbsup: