Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is my Graphics Card breaking down?

• Please log in to reply

Smudgeboss

Smudgeboss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

K.  I downloaded and ran Drivermax.  It detected 54 outdated drivers.  Top one was the video card I did that  -- no difference.  Second one I did was Intel series 5 . . . express root port  (5 or 6 altogether)  now it says there are 45 to update I guess just like windows is not good with time till it is done, it isn't so good with math either :)   Anyway, joking aside, those updates made no difference.  It still did the 2-5 second hesitation in video.  

If you want a list of what is left to update I can work that out.  I will keep working on this till all are up to date even if you want to go a different direction in our investigations.

Years ago a long list of undeleted emails messed up a computer on me.  I didn't think i would help but removed 1000 emails too -- made no difference.

Thanks Phill

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

That is a lot of out of date drivers but in all honesty I would disregard most of them, if it aint broke don`t fix it.

Before updating any more drivers it would help if you did the following, the drivers you are aware of but we could do with seeing what services are running and stopped.

Can you check the Device Manager for any yellow ! or red X marks against them.

Download then run Speccy and post the resultant url for us please, details here

You are welcome btw  :)

Smudgeboss

Smudgeboss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

As per instructions I ceased updating drivers (did 1 more before I saw you say don't worry about it), so I'm not gonna worry about it

checked Device manager opened every openable line and nothing was exclaimed or marked wrong :)

Here is the url for Speccy:   http://speccy.pirifo...JAVoFPbqzEQ5w4d

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

What I suspected may be there is there but is it the cause of the issue  :unsure:

You have two AV programs on your computer, Microsoft Security Essentials and McAfee, this can cause all sorts of problems with stability + it can actually leave your computer vulnerable to malware attack due to the two AVs conflicting and so leaving you with no AV protection at all.

Uninstall McAfee using the Consumer Products Removal Tool from here if it is a paid for product make a note of the licence key so that you can reinstall it at a later date should you wish.

Smudgeboss

Smudgeboss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

I noticed McAfee there on the results of speccy.  I haven't used it in about a year.  but I guess I never did the mcpr.  Did it now.

Unfortunately the problem persists still the video lag, Even after a restart,

Step by Step, thanks Phillpower

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

It would appear that we have removed another possible cause then so we need to look elsewhere, the next check that we should do is to get rid of any unnecassary scheduled tasks and worthless software such as Game Booster etc which at best are a gimmick, only important programs such as the OS and AV software as two examples should be allowed to auto update with anything else asking your permission first, this to stop any unwanted interuptions while you are using the computer.

Take a look at the scheduled updates below and consider which if any you think you really need or use and let us know, please note that you do not need to have a daily, weekly or even monthly defrag scheduled, overdoing defrags of the HDD not only subjects it to unnecassary work and stress it can also lead to the data on the HDD becoming fragmented.

Read Miekiemoes` Blog regarding so called system boosting software and you will see why such software is not recommended

26/03/2014 HPCustParticipation HP Officejet 6600
26/03/2014 11:27 AM;: 
GoogleUpdateTaskUserS-1-5-21-3871781135-2647959068-172319677-1000UA
26/03/2014 11:54 AM;: 
GoogleUpdateTaskMachineUA
26/03/2014 2:27 PM;: 
GoogleUpdateTaskUserS-1-5-21-3871781135-2647959068-172319677-1000Core
26/03/2014 3:00 PM;: 
SystemToolsDailyTest
26/03/2014 6:54 PM;: 
GoogleUpdateTaskMachineCore
19/04/2014 1:00 AM;: 
PCDoctorBackgroundMonitorTask

Adobe Flash Player Updater

CCleanerSkipUAC

Driver Booster Scan

Driver Booster Update

Game_Booster_AutoUpdate

Launch ASUS Sync Loader

PCDEventLauncherTask

RealDownloaderDownloaderScheduledTaskS-1-5-21-3871781135-2647959068-172319677-1000

RealDownloaderRealUpgradeLogonTaskS-1-5-21-3871781135-2647959068-172319677-1000

RealDownloaderRealUpgradeScheduledTaskS-1-5-21-3871781135-2647959068-172319677-1000

RealPlayerRealUpgradeLogonTaskS-1-5-21-3871781135-2647959068-172319677-1000

RealPlayerRealUpgradeScheduledTaskS-1-5-21-3871781135-2647959068-172319677-1000

RealUpgradeLogonTaskS-1-5-21-3871781135-2647959068-172319677-1000

RealUpgradeScheduledTaskS-1-5-21-3871781135-2647959068-172319677-1000

SmartDefrag

Uninstaller_SkipUac_Administrator

Smudgeboss

Smudgeboss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

HI Phillpower:

I can't believe the amount of time it took to sort though all the updaters Thanks for your effort.

I have used ccleaner to delete the driver booster and game booster.  of the rest I don't think I need any of them to be running all the time

I have tried repeatedly in msconfig to keep google updater, and real updater etc from coming on.  have unclicked them repeatedly.  Is there a better way?

Thanks again.

Smudgeboss

Smudgeboss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

After deletion of the above mentioned programs, and 2-3 others that I never use, nothing changed in the video hesitation  :upset:

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

Is one of the driver updates that is suggested for the chipset or SMBus.

Is the problem with the video only lag and no more artifacts.

One final set of tests to do before we move on to tidying up the data on the HDD in order to improve efficiency/response time.

Please Run the PCPitstop.com OverDrive Full Tests

Here's how:

You must use your Internet Explorer for this procedure. (doesn't work so well in Firefox or others). If your machine is running Vista or Windows 7, you must Select IE to “Run as Administrator”. After completing PCPitstop OverDrive you can close your IE browser and re-open it Normally so that you are no longer running as administrator.

Go to:  http://www.pcpitstop.com/betapit/default.asp

Click on "Free Computer Check-up" listed below PC Pitstop OverDrive
In the User Login - Click on "Sign up FREE!"
You'll need to submit a valid email address and create your own password, then click - Create Account(button)

Now enter your email address and password to Log in, Select - Scan this system Now!(button)
You will then be asked to download an ActiveX component and allow it to install.
It is safe and does not compromise your privacy.
Follow the on-screen prompts to install the ActiveX and to allow the Full Tests to be run on your machine.

The Full Tests take about 2 1/2 - 3 minutes on most machines.
When complete, a Results - Summary - Recommended Fixes will be displayed.

Please post the URL internet address, from your Results, back here into this Topic Thread so that we can review the configuration and present performance levels of your machine.

Note: During the graphics 2D and graphics 3D testing, your screen will display some rapidly moving objects.
If you are sensitive to visual flashing, it may cause dizziness. Therefore, look away from the screen during that portion of the testing.

After reviewing the results we will be more informed and may be able to provide better recommendations for you to work towards improving your machine's performance.

While PCPitstop does offer a variety of Paid Products, the PCPitstop OverDrive testing is FREE. Please ignore the references to Paid Products. We prefer to provide manual solution instructions that you can apply directly to your machine.

Thanks to rshaffer61 for the PCPitstop information  :thumbsup:

NB: An example of the url that we require and the information that it leads to http://www.pcpitstop...?conid=25271813

Smudgeboss

Smudgeboss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Hi Philll, thanks again.

One of the drivers needing updating was:  3400 series chipset family SMBus controller - 3830     I assumed from your query that you wanted it updated if it was needing so I did so.

pcpitstop link is:  http://www.pcpitstop...?conid=25580519

couple days ago I got some artifacts while playing game.  This was after we started this process.  Probably won't be able to tell till tomorrow if still getting more or not. (since I won't have opportunity to play till then :(  ).

Will keep you posted on any new developments.

Smudgeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

Thanks for the url Smudge  :thumbsup:

The test results are quite good with only your internet speed letting your system down.

If you click on the software tab at the results page you will realise how much rubbish you have on the HDD that needs to be gotten rid of, this includes further Iobit software and Pando Media Booster which is another sham, you also have numerous PUPs (pop ups) that have been landed on you when you have downloaded the Iobit and Pando software, please see my canned text below;

Next suggestion is to tidy up the data on your HDD, please follow the directions provided below starting with Autoruns http://technet.micro...ernals/bb963902 - use the filter out Microsoft & Windows option.

1: Extract the Autoruns Zip file contents to a folder.

2: Double-click the "Autoruns.exe".

3: Click on the "Everything" tab

4: Go to File then to Export As or Save in some versions.

5: Save AutoRuns.txt file to known location like your Desktop.

6: Attach to your next reply.

Autoruns Tutorial

2nd: Download and run TFC from http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=187 your computer should automatically re-boot on completion but if not do it manually.

3rd: Defrag your HDD http://www.auslogics.com/en/software/disk-defrag/  a tidy drive is a faster drive, please note that I am not suggesting that you use any other product or service at the link.

To speed up your boot times find any unnecessary programs linked to start up "how to" below;

START -> RUN

type MSCONFIG in the RUN box

then click OK

Click on the start-up TAB

Look at each line that has a check in the box, these are start-up items, with the exception of Windows programs and your AV software uncheck the ones you do not want to run at start-up.

The above will take you some time to complete so please don`t feel that you must do it in a hurry.

Smudgeboss

Smudgeboss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

K Phill, I was going to attach autoruns here for your perusal but file, at 3 mb is too big, what is your preference for looking at it?

Thanks

Smudgeboss

Smudgeboss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

ok Phill it would help maybe if I read what you said eh?  TEXT file is attached. :)

I ran TFC and disk defrag.

video issue remains, I will try tomorrow am to see about artifacts

Thanks Phillpower

Attached Files

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

Quickest way to do this is for you to go to Control Panel > Uninstall a Program and uninstall any programs that you no longer use, if you are not sure of something please leave it and let us know, when you have removed all that you can provide a fresh Autoruns log for us, again select the use the filter out Microsoft & Windows option.

Please note that I cannot be around much today due to other commitments, apologies for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Smudgeboss

Smudgeboss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Hi Philllpower:

Deleted anything I knew was not being used and ran another autoruns:

Here ya go:

Thanks

Attached Files