Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

xbox 360 won't recognize windows 7 laptop for media sharing

• Please log in to reply

Charmander

Charmander

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok I come here after literally trying every possible solution I could find when googling the crap outta this problem. I just got a new xbox and when trying to share my media from my Windows 7 laptop I get the PC not listed message every time. I have tried with WMP 12 with all the media sharing options on correctly. I tried starting the network sharing service etc. I tried opening the certain TCP and UDP ports. I tried downloading Zune and using that instead. I even tried a DMZ server and nothing has worked. My laptop picks up my xbox fine. Shows up in the network map and WMP and Zune and on my router settings as a connected device. But the xbox just won't pick up the laptop. Even when connected via ethernet cable. Please does anyone have any other suggestions that I have not yet tried? Because this is driving me mad now. I mainly use consoles for media streaming. I had no problems when I had a PS3. And before that a couple of years ago I had an xbox which also worked fine. Thanks :)

Advertisements

humble2k14

humble2k14

• PipPip
  • 77 posts

Charmander,

An official document for streaming music from your computer to an XBOX 360 and Stream media using Xbox Music, Xbox Video, or Windows Media Player

If you still cannot achieve the desired results you're looking for you will need to contact XBOX Support.