Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft SilverLight

• Please log in to reply

GalaxyFrost

GalaxyFrost

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I was wondering if I could uninstall Microsoft SilverLight. I don't honestly know what it does and it takes up a good chunk of RAM, so I was wondering if it's essential to my computer or not. If it is, I want a good reason to keep it. Also, I saw on some other sites saying that it gives access to certain websites, if anyone knows, can you give me a list? Thanks for reading!

P.S Sorry for the barrage of questions.

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts
Hi GalaxyFrost :welcome:

Yes you can Uninstall it's not essential. I don't know any website that can only be accessed with Microsoft SilverLight installed, but I know that some sites will use it to show some contents like this Microsoft page about the Windows Snipping Tool.

GalaxyFrost

GalaxyFrost

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you so much! Getting rid of it. :D

disberg

disberg

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Microsoft Silver light is recommended by Netflix to watch movies on ones PC.  Good concept but it doesn't work.  At least for me.  There is a glitch between download and installing the files that generates an Error.  Netflix advised it was on Microsoft software.  Microsoft acknowledges the error and advises to delete installed copy and reinstall.  That doesn't help either.