Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sanskrit/Hindi keyboard lanagues How to use the special characters

• Please log in to reply

Destiny000

Destiny000

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
I looked all over the Internet and I couldn't find any information on this. When I am in either of these languages keyboard (in it's US version) how do I type all of the special characters that go with the letters in this mode. Example of what I mean is this:

Ā Ñ Ṇ ñ ṝ ś ṭ ḷ ḥ ā

Any and all of these I want to be able to type as I want to type in roman but want to be able to use these characters on the letters therefore typing sanskrit/hindi in english. Somewhere someone said shift and the letter would do it but that does nothing sadly.

So I'm hoping someone out there will know. Much appreciated for any help. Thank you.

Advertisements

98springer

98springer

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
I'm not sure I understand.
Do you want to be able to alternate between sanskrit and roman as needed?

Destiny000

Destiny000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
No no no, I want to write in english, but I want to write the sanskrit in english with their correct characters that make the difference in how each word is pronounced. Am i making sense now? lol. Hope so.

Lemurian

Lemurian

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Namaste! I think it's called writing "translit" or "transliteration". Basically, in MS Word and other office packets they have some kind of "Extended Latin" symbols table. It's possible to assign the Devanagari transliteration symbols to shortcuts, and keep a list of them in front of you, until you  memorize them all. But that's a messy way, since you need to assign a dozen characters at least.