Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows 8 automatic repair loop

• Please log in to reply

justinpw91

justinpw91

• Pip
  • 4 posts
My windiws 8 when i start my laptop up says repairing then goes black screen an goes back into the loop i have left on over night an still nothing i have tried f8 an f9 to put in safe mode an nothing i have taking the battery out also over night an tried an nothing any help would be great.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts
:welcome: justinpw91

Please provide the brand and model name or number of the notebook.

Had you made any hardware or software changes previous to this happening.

Has the notebook been banged or dropped or the hard drive been making any odd noises.

justinpw91

justinpw91

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
It is a samsung model np300e5c and i was doing a factory reset left it at home to let it do the reset an my room mate unplugged it an it shut down an i turned it back on an it went into this loop an im clue less to what too do i turn it off sevral time an tried the safemode and nothing i do not have the reinstall disk for the computer or reboot disk it came with. Not sure if that would help any or not.

justinpw91

justinpw91

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Also the computer has not been dropped or anything all i did was try to factory reset an room mate unplugged it an it died in the middle of it reseting. An now its stuck in this loop

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts
All what I am finding states that the Samsung np300e5c shipped with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit which suggests that Windows 8 was installed at a later date, is that correct.

The factory reset that you mention, was this initiated by pressing the F4 key on boot.

The reason that I ask is so we know which OS ISO we should suggest you download.

Do you have the 25 digit product key for the Windows 8 installation.

Tip

If you have something to add while waiting for a reply use the edit tab – bottom right of the dialogue input box and this will ensure that no information that you provide is overlooked (this can happen if your topic has more than one page) thank you for understanding.

justinpw91

justinpw91

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I do not have the code. An i bought the computer with windows 8 on it already from a friend im sure they installed it but not sure. An i went to settings when i started to do the factory reset i didnt not use f4.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts
You need to ask your friend for the product key.

Windows 8 ISO - Official Download Links here

How Run "Automatic Repair" to Fix Startup Issues in Windows 8 and 8.1

Can you try, restarting the notebook and holding down the Shift and the F8 keys down, both at the same time, it may take a couple of restarts but it may get you into the Advanced boot options, let us know if it does.

Apart from the above there may be a recovery partition on the HDD, if there is it can be accessed by restarting the computer and continually tapping the F4 key, if the partition is still present there is a strong possibility that it contains Windows 7.

Is there a Windows 7 product key sticker either on the base of the notebook or inside the battery housing, you will obviously need to remove the battery to check the latter, make sure that the notebook is turned off and that the AC power cord is disconnected from the wall socket.