Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Packet Loss and Lag - could it be malware?!? [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

mrvictory

mrvictory

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Hello

For the past few days I have been experiencing packet loss and lag. I have tested this with both pings and traceroutes and can see request timeouts. I have Comcast high speed internet and I have reset modem and router and have had Comcast send signal to rest router. I have done a dns flush and run the following programs on full scan: Avast, MalwareBytes, Panda Cloud Cleaner, CC Cleaner. Most did not find any threats except panda cloud cleaner where I had it clean 1 up.

Attached please find a traceroute I did for league of legends which is a game that I have a lot of lag with now.

I have a tech coming from Comcast on Monday, but I want to reach out to the GtG community at the same time to see if this is a malware issue.

SOLVED: sometimes it is the cable company! - tech came out today and the cable from my house to street went bad! - don't be afraid to call your cable company out (but check here for malware too!) :spoton: 

Attached Files

Edited by mrvictory, 24 March 2014 - 01:53 PM.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,540 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.