Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Builind new.. Upgrading old..

• Please log in to reply

blazzin420

blazzin420

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Hey :)

I'm going to be building a high end computer system in the near future, but for now I was wondering if my current setup could be upgraded with anything that I would use for my new setup. I posted a picture of my specs and looking for some feedback if anything on my computer is compatabile with the higher end stuff that's out right now. I live in Canada, Ontario.

Thanks in advanced !

Attached Thumbnails

• spec.png

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 6,756 posts

Gday blazzin420.

The system looks a bit dated, ( if socket 775?)

The only update worth doing is a GPU, but would need to check the brand/model of the PSU.

RAM is not transferable.

Windows OS, if a OEM versions? is not transferable.

Providing the HDD and OD are SATA, will be OK.

other hard ware will be OK. 

blazzin420

blazzin420

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

yah I built this comp abour 4/5 years ago for mmorpg's. I didn't mean if I could transfer anything from this computer to the newer one I want to build but rather can I use anything newer on the market in this computer. I will have to buy my new computer peice by peice and was wondering if I bought like DDR3 would I be able to put it in this computer for the mean time. Just to boost this computer while I build the other comp slowly.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 6,756 posts

The only newer compatible hardware you could install on that system, to make improvements, is a GPU but as mentioned, we would need to check the bran/model of the PSU.