Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Geekstogo Themes

• Please log in to reply

Joeicam

Joeicam

Malware Removal

• Malware Removal
  • 1,289 posts

Hey guys!

I know that GeeksToGo recently had an update to the site, and I'm not sure if that had something to do with it, but is there another way to change the theme of the website?

I've had it a specific way for a really long time (the way the geekstogo blog looks), but now it appears that it went back to the classic geekstogo look. The only way that I know how to change the theme is to go down to the bottom of the page and click on "Change Theme", but it doesn't have the one that I was used to using. Thanks in advance!

Joe

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

I've had it a specific way for a really long time (the way the geekstogo blog looks), but now it appears that it went back to the classic geekstogo look. The only way that I know how to change the theme is to go down to the bottom of the page and click on "Change Theme", but it doesn't have the one that I was used to using. Thanks in advance!

Yes, we did indeed recently upgrade the site. The upgraded software was not compatible with the old themes. It's funny you should mention the current theme looks like the classic, because this is kind of what I had in mind with this latest theme. The best of both the classic, and the recent Geeks to Go theme (there were actually others prior).

I understand change is difficult, but there are currently no plans to reintroduce themes that look like the classic or recent theme. We will offer members options to change colors, and a darker theme.

There's also more at play here. We recently upgraded to the latest version 3. Version 4 is due shortly, and will likely look very different. Again requiring new themes. Creating a custom theme can be very time consuming. Maintaining multiple themes is more difficult. Doing both when they are to be short-lived... Seems foolhardy.

If you have suggestions, or feedback on the Geeks to Go 2014 theme, we'd like to hear them.  :thumbsup:

P.S. The blog will be changing to match the forum theme soon.

Joeicam

Joeicam

Malware Removal

• Topic Starter
  • Malware Removal
  • 1,289 posts
The best of both the classic, and the recent Geeks to Go theme (there were actually others prior).

It looks great I'd say! I'm sure it'll take some getting used to though, because I had it set on the blog theme since I became a member. I was just curious about it, because I didn't see anyone else talking about the theme change, so I wasn't sure if it was just me or not.

Thanks for the information, Blair!

Joeicam

sakamx

sakamx

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Maintaining multiple themes is more difficult. Doing both when they are to be short-lived... Seems foolhardy. thankyou Blair