I figured I'd try this again, because the first time I didn't include some information that is important (forgot) & because my post was apparently annoying to look at.
Anyways, I'd very much appreciate some help. I've been having issues for a few weeks now.
There are a bunch of issues that I'm having & I don't know how to even start diagnosing them (usually I would try to fix problems myself).
- Extreme hanging, lagging & being forced to kill proccesses with seemingly no reason; RAM & CPU usage are minimal almost every time this happens.
- I just recently noticed that there are quite a few running proccesses listed twice for some reason, sometimes having differen't amounts of RAM usage, but not always. So I suspect somehow some proccesses are being loaded twice & yet only show me one of them (with a window or something)
- I've actually been unable to get into safe mode for about a month now. I know I should have tried getting help sooner, but things are mess for me right now. Anyways, whenever I try to get into safe mode, this is what happens: boots fine, then gets me to the login screen & I try typing in my password & before I get a chance to even type 3 letters or so, it automatically restarts itself and sends me through the boot proccess back to the normal login.
- Weird issues with Private Firewall I've never had before, where the usual notifcation window pops up & requires input, but after receiving input, it basically hangs for almost 10 minutes unless/until I have to kill it. I've had it take a while before, but never had this kind of problem.
- I was having a very strange issue where (for example) I'd be loading something like Gimp & unknowingly getting error messages requiring me to click "ok", except they weren't appearing & wouldn't appear until I hit ctrl+alt+del & then they would all push through, as if something was holding them back
- Other issues I for some reason can't remember this very moment(sorry)... but it's sort of useable right now.
So I haven't done much to really explain any of this other than having uninstalled Avast, installed & tried Kaspersky Pure, then installed ESET NOD32 & uninstalled Kaspersky over the last few weeks. All other installations were very minimal & I don't believe any of them would have really caused this.
I'm at a loss, is there something you can recommend to me to troubleshoot my problems, or just give me a place to start? I don't even know what to look for, which is why I've resorted to posting here. I usually try to figure this kind of stuff out myself. Thanks for your help in advance.