Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to resolve DNS and failure to load pages in all browsers [Re-op

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Nutloaf

Nutloaf

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,790 posts

Are you using RealPlayer at all? This has a lot of Browser entries, starts at logon and has a few Tasks running. I would like to remove these in the next fix if Ok with you. Get back to me on this. :)

Advertisements

ColtsFan18

ColtsFan18

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

We use it to play movies off our camera, not a LOT but it's about the only thing we can get to play them... however, the overall consensus here is, if it's causing a lot of problems or slowing things down we'll find a way to live without it.

Nutloaf

Nutloaf

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,790 posts
Hi there :)

If you are happy that you need nothing more from the Geel Squad Data Backup Folder then I would delete this.

Keep RealPlayer but uninstall RealDownloader, then tell me how YouTube is running after the fix. :thumbsup:

1. Uninstall
  • Click Start then select Control Panel
  • In control panel click Uninstall a Program or Programs and Features and uninstall the following:
  • RealDownloader
2. OTL Fix
  • Right click the OTL icon and select Run as Administrator.
  • Copy the entire text in the Quote box below, do not include the word QUOTE and Paste into the Custom Scans/Fixes box in OTL.

:OTL

IE:64bit: - HKLM\..\SearchScopes\{6A1806CD-94D4-4689-BA73-E35EA1EA9990}: "URL" = http://www.google.co...g}&sourceid=ie7
    IE - HKLM\..\SearchScopes\{67A2568C-7A0A-4EED-AECC-B5405DE63B64}: "URL" = http://www.google.co...ng}&rlz=1I7ACEW
    IE - HKLM\..\SearchScopes\{6A1806CD-94D4-4689-BA73-E35EA1EA9990}: "URL" = http://www.google.co...g}&sourceid=ie7
    FF - HKLM\Software\MozillaPlugins\@real.com/nprpchromebrowserrecordext;version=15.0.6.14: C:\ProgramData\Real\RealPlayer\BrowserRecordPlugin\MozillaPlugins\nprpchromebrowserrecordext.dll (RealNetworks, Inc.)
    FF - HKLM\Software\MozillaPlugins\@real.com/nprphtml5videoshim;version=15.0.6.14: C:\ProgramData\Real\RealPlayer\BrowserRecordPlugin\MozillaPlugins\nprphtml5videoshim.dll (RealNetworks, Inc.)
    FF - HKLM\Software\MozillaPlugins\@Nero.com/KM: C:\PROGRA~2\COMMON~1\Nero\BROWSE~1\NPBROW~1.DLL (Nero AG)
    O2 - BHO: (RealNetworks Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer) - {3049C3E9-B461-4BC5-8870-4C09146192CA} - C:\ProgramData\RealNetworks\RealDownloader\BrowserPlugins\IE\rndlbrowserrecordplugin.dll (RealDownloader)
    [2014/02/27 00:10:19 | 000,000,000 | ---D | M] -- C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\IObit
    [2011/07/24 11:39:01 | 000,000,000 | ---D | M] -- C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Panda Security
    [2011/07/24 10:22:04 | 000,000,000 | ---D | M] -- C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Tific

:FILES
    C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Documents\Geel Squad Data Backup\Program Files\Conduit
    C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Documents\Geel Squad Data Backup\Program Files\CouponAlert_2pEI
    C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Documents\Geel Squad Data Backup\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\SmitfraudFix
    C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Documents\Geel Squad Data Backup\Program Files\Panda Security
    C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Documents\Geel Squad Data Backup\Users\Steve & Tammy\AppData\Local\Temp\iet6E4A.tmp.exe
    C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Documents\Geel Squad Data Backup\Users\Steve & Tammy\AppData\Local\Temp\jar_cache243631348126229443.tmp
    C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Documents\Geel Squad Data Backup\Users\Steve & Tammy\AppData\Local\Temp\tbBitT.dll
    C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Documents\Geel Squad Data Backup\Users\Steve & Tammy\AppData\LocalLow\CouponAlert_2pEI\Installr\Cache\01F7658F.exe
    C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Pictures\Downloads\Downloads\CouponAlert.exe
    C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\asc-setup (1).exe
    C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\asc-setup.exe
    C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\driverbooster-cnet-setup.exe
    C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\OffercastInstaller_AVR_U-0087-01-P_.exe
    C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\OffercastInstaller_AVR_U-0113-01-P_.exe
    C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\PIP_AVR80_.exe
    C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\WeatherBugSetup.msi
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Documents\Geel Squad Data Backup\Program Files\Conduit
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Documents\Geel Squad Data Backup\Program Files\CouponAlert_2pEI
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Documents\Geel Squad Data Backup\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\SmitfraudFix
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Documents\Geel Squad Data Backup\Program Files\Panda Security
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Documents\Geel Squad Data Backup\Users\Steve & Tammy\AppData\Local\Temp\iet6E4A.tmp.exe
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Documents\Geel Squad Data Backup\Users\Steve & Tammy\AppData\Local\Temp\jar_cache243631348126229443.tmp
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Documents\Geel Squad Data Backup\Users\Steve & Tammy\AppData\Local\Temp\tbBitT.dll
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Documents\Geel Squad Data Backup\Users\Steve & Tammy\AppData\LocalLow\CouponAlert_2pEI
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Pictures\Downloads\Downloads\CouponAlert.exe
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Downloads\asc-setup (1).exe
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Downloads\asc-setup.exe
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Downloads\driverbooster-cnet-setup.exe
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Downloads\OffercastInstaller_AVR_U-0087-01-P_.exe
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Downloads\OffercastInstaller_AVR_U-0113-01-P_.exe
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Downloads\PIP_AVR80_.exe
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Downloads\WeatherBugSetup.msi

• Then click Run Fix
  • Click O.K if asked to Reboot.
  • An OTL fix log will be saved in the following location: C:\_OTL\MovedFiles\mmddyyyy_hhmmss.log - Where mmddyyy _hhmmss is the date and time of fix.
  • Copy and Paste the Fix Log in your next reply.

ColtsFan18

ColtsFan18

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts
Im on it. :)

ColtsFan18

ColtsFan18

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

OK... Real Downloader isn't in my list of programs, I do however have TWO copies of RealPlayer...  I'll get the OTL Fix done and see what you want me to do about the RealDownloader thingy.

ColtsFan18

ColtsFan18

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

OTL Fix Scan Log:

========== OTL ==========
64bit-Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{6A1806CD-94D4-4689-BA73-E35EA1EA9990}\ deleted successfully.
64bit-Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{6A1806CD-94D4-4689-BA73-E35EA1EA9990}\ not found.
Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{67A2568C-7A0A-4EED-AECC-B5405DE63B64}\ deleted successfully.
Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{67A2568C-7A0A-4EED-AECC-B5405DE63B64}\ not found.
Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{6A1806CD-94D4-4689-BA73-E35EA1EA9990}\ deleted successfully.
Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{6A1806CD-94D4-4689-BA73-E35EA1EA9990}\ not found.
Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\MozillaPlugins\@real.com/nprpchromebrowserrecordext;version=15.0.6.14\ deleted successfully.
C:\ProgramData\Real\RealPlayer\BrowserRecordPlugin\MozillaPlugins\nprpchromebrowserrecordext.dll moved successfully.
Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\MozillaPlugins\@real.com/nprphtml5videoshim;version=15.0.6.14\ deleted successfully.
C:\ProgramData\Real\RealPlayer\BrowserRecordPlugin\MozillaPlugins\nprphtml5videoshim.dll moved successfully.
Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\MozillaPlugins\@Nero.com/KM\ deleted successfully.
C:\PROGRA~2\COMMON~1\Nero\BROWSE~1\NPBROW~1.DLL moved successfully.
Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{3049C3E9-B461-4BC5-8870-4C09146192CA}\ deleted successfully.
Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{3049C3E9-B461-4BC5-8870-4C09146192CA}\ deleted successfully.
C:\ProgramData\RealNetworks\RealDownloader\BrowserPlugins\IE\rndlbrowserrecordplugin.dll moved successfully.
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\IObit\Smart Defrag 3 folder moved successfully.
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\IObit\IObit Uninstaller\Log folder moved successfully.
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\IObit\IObit Uninstaller\B77A0CC7-7129-4313-86FE-B10B53285749 folder moved successfully.
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\IObit\IObit Uninstaller folder moved successfully.
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\IObit\IObit Malware Fighter folder moved successfully.
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\IObit\Driver Booster folder moved successfully.
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V7\Temp folder moved successfully.
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V7\ProgramDeactivator folder moved successfully.
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V7\Log folder moved successfully.
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V7\Internet Booster folder moved successfully.
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V7\Homepage Protection folder moved successfully.
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V7\Boottime folder moved successfully.
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V7\Backup folder moved successfully.
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V7 folder moved successfully.
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V6\Temp folder moved successfully.
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V6\Log folder moved successfully.
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V6\Internet Booster folder moved successfully.
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V6\DiskCleaner folder moved successfully.
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V6\ClonedFilesScanner folder moved successfully.
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V6\Boottime folder moved successfully.
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V6\Backup folder moved successfully.
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V6 folder moved successfully.
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\IObit folder moved successfully.
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Panda Security\Panda Cloud Antivirus folder moved successfully.
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Panda Security folder moved successfully.
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Tific folder moved successfully.
========== FILES ==========
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Documents\Geel Squad Data Backup\Program Files\Conduit\Community Alerts folder moved successfully.
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Documents\Geel Squad Data Backup\Program Files\Conduit folder moved successfully.
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Documents\Geel Squad Data Backup\Program Files\CouponAlert_2pEI\Installr\setups folder moved successfully.
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Documents\Geel Squad Data Backup\Program Files\CouponAlert_2pEI\Installr\1.bin\chrome folder moved successfully.
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Documents\Geel Squad Data Backup\Program Files\CouponAlert_2pEI\Installr\1.bin folder moved successfully.
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Documents\Geel Squad Data Backup\Program Files\CouponAlert_2pEI\Installr folder moved successfully.
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Documents\Geel Squad Data Backup\Program Files\CouponAlert_2pEI folder moved successfully.
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Documents\Geel Squad Data Backup\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\SmitfraudFix folder moved successfully.
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Documents\Geel Squad Data Backup\Program Files\Panda Security\Panda Cloud Antivirus\Tools folder moved successfully.
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Documents\Geel Squad Data Backup\Program Files\Panda Security\Panda Cloud Antivirus\Quarantine folder moved successfully.
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Documents\Geel Squad Data Backup\Program Files\Panda Security\Panda Cloud Antivirus\PskTmp folder moved successfully.
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Documents\Geel Squad Data Backup\Program Files\Panda Security\Panda Cloud Antivirus\LostandFound folder moved successfully.
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Documents\Geel Squad Data Backup\Program Files\Panda Security\Panda Cloud Antivirus\DG folder moved successfully.
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Documents\Geel Squad Data Backup\Program Files\Panda Security\Panda Cloud Antivirus\Data folder moved successfully.
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Documents\Geel Squad Data Backup\Program Files\Panda Security\Panda Cloud Antivirus\Cache folder moved successfully.
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Documents\Geel Squad Data Backup\Program Files\Panda Security\Panda Cloud Antivirus folder moved successfully.
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Documents\Geel Squad Data Backup\Program Files\Panda Security folder moved successfully.
File\Folder C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Documents\Geel Squad Data Backup\Users\Steve & Tammy\AppData\Local\Temp\iet6E4A.tmp.exe not found.
File\Folder C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Documents\Geel Squad Data Backup\Users\Steve & Tammy\AppData\Local\Temp\jar_cache243631348126229443.tmp not found.
File\Folder C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Documents\Geel Squad Data Backup\Users\Steve & Tammy\AppData\Local\Temp\tbBitT.dll not found.
File\Folder C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Documents\Geel Squad Data Backup\Users\Steve & Tammy\AppData\LocalLow\CouponAlert_2pEI\Installr\Cache\01F7658F.exe not found.
File\Folder C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Pictures\Downloads\Downloads\CouponAlert.exe not found.
File\Folder C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\asc-setup (1).exe not found.
File\Folder C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\asc-setup.exe not found.
File\Folder C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\driverbooster-cnet-setup.exe not found.
File\Folder C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\OffercastInstaller_AVR_U-0087-01-P_.exe not found.
File\Folder C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\OffercastInstaller_AVR_U-0113-01-P_.exe not found.
File\Folder C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\PIP_AVR80_.exe not found.
File\Folder C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\WeatherBugSetup.msi not found.
File\Folder C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Documents\Geel Squad Data Backup\Program Files\Conduit not found.
File\Folder C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Documents\Geel Squad Data Backup\Program Files\CouponAlert_2pEI not found.
File\Folder C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Documents\Geel Squad Data Backup\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\SmitfraudFix not found.
File\Folder C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Documents\Geel Squad Data Backup\Program Files\Panda Security not found.
File\Folder C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Documents\Geel Squad Data Backup\Users\Steve & Tammy\AppData\Local\Temp\iet6E4A.tmp.exe not found.
File\Folder C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Documents\Geel Squad Data Backup\Users\Steve & Tammy\AppData\Local\Temp\jar_cache243631348126229443.tmp not found.
File\Folder C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Documents\Geel Squad Data Backup\Users\Steve & Tammy\AppData\Local\Temp\tbBitT.dll not found.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Documents\Geel Squad Data Backup\Users\Steve & Tammy\AppData\LocalLow\CouponAlert_2pEI\Installr\Cache folder moved successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Documents\Geel Squad Data Backup\Users\Steve & Tammy\AppData\LocalLow\CouponAlert_2pEI\Installr folder moved successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Documents\Geel Squad Data Backup\Users\Steve & Tammy\AppData\LocalLow\CouponAlert_2pEI folder moved successfully.
File\Folder C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Pictures\Downloads\Downloads\CouponAlert.exe not found.
File\Folder C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Downloads\asc-setup (1).exe not found.
File\Folder C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Downloads\asc-setup.exe not found.
File\Folder C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Downloads\driverbooster-cnet-setup.exe not found.
File\Folder C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Downloads\OffercastInstaller_AVR_U-0087-01-P_.exe not found.
File\Folder C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Downloads\OffercastInstaller_AVR_U-0113-01-P_.exe not found.
File\Folder C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Downloads\PIP_AVR80_.exe not found.
File\Folder C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Downloads\WeatherBugSetup.msi not found.

OTL by OldTimer - Version 3.2.69.0 log created on 04082014_205150

Nutloaf

Nutloaf

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,790 posts
All is OK with RealPlayer, nothing more to do there. I just tidied up un-needed RealDownloader entries as this is not used anymore.

How are the Videos playing now?

ColtsFan18

ColtsFan18

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts
Give me a few minutes to play a few. Ill let you know shortly.

Nutloaf

Nutloaf

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,790 posts

:thumbsup:

ColtsFan18

ColtsFan18

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Videos are still breaking up... not as bad as before but still breaking up.  Do me a favor... this one is breaking up but I never know if it's the video upload or our machine.  I've tried a few different options of this video and they all do it but this one seems to be the worst.  My apologies for my husbands taste in music if you're not a Nugent fan :P

Advertisements

Nutloaf

Nutloaf

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,790 posts

This may take me 8 minutes and 25 seconds to get back to you :yeah:

ColtsFan18

ColtsFan18

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

LOLLERS!!!  OMG you got me literally laughing out loud on that one!  Nice dance my friend LOL!!!

Nutloaf

Nutloaf

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,790 posts
:lol: I like Nugent.

Plays fine for me I'm afraid so.......

Does the breaking up happen when online only, any site and any browser? or Any video played on the PC. I want to know what graphics card you have.
  • Click Start and in the search box type Device Manager and press Enter
  • In the window that opens click the arrow next to Display Adapters and tell me what you have. See Below mine is a Nvidia Geforce GTS 250.

devicemanager.png
  • Right Click the entry you have and select Update Driver Software and select Automatically search. Are any updates found?

ColtsFan18

ColtsFan18

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

We have and Intel ® G41 Express Chipset.

We had the machine allegedly cleaned about a month ago at a local shop because something went haywire with our permissions and it literally wouldn't run in normal windows mode, only in safe mode.  Prior to that I thought it was our graphics card so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and updated the drivers, of course that did absolutely nothing....  But I'll go ahead and do it again right now since you clain to like Terrible Ted LOL!

Edited by ColtsFan18, 08 April 2014 - 08:38 PM.

ColtsFan18

ColtsFan18

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

All drivers are up to date...