Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

bsod ntfs file system

ntfs.sys bsod

• Please log in to reply

HaraMo

HaraMo

• PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
an osbd occured on the folowwing pc yesterday, twice:

windows version: Windows 7 Service Pack 1, 6.1, build: 7601
windows dir: C:\Windows
Hardware: imedia S1710, Packard Bell, MCP73T-AD
CPU: GenuineIntel Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz Intel586, level: 6
2 logical processors, active mask: 3
RAM: 4025733120 total
VM: 2147352576, free: 1937158144

almost a month ago there were some conflicts with drivers resulting in several daily bsods, but these were solved (updating drivers).  I also tested the harddisk with Seagate tool,(long test) no errors found.

What could be the cause of this bsod?

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Thu 27/03/2014 6:25:46 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\032714-33493-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntfs.sys (Ntfs+0x4688) 
Bugcheck code: 0x24 (0x1904FB, 0xFFFFF880025DB918, 0xFFFFF880025DB170, 0xFFFFF880012B8317)
Error: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\ntfs.sys
product: Besturingssysteem Microsoft® Windows®
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT-bestandssysteemstuurprogramma
Bug check description: This indicates a problem occurred in the NTFS file system. 
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time. 

On Thu 27/03/2014 6:25:46 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntfs.sys (Ntfs+0x4688) 
Bugcheck code: 0x24 (0x1904FB, 0xFFFFF880025DB918, 0xFFFFF880025DB170, 0xFFFFF880012B8317)
Error: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM
Bug check description: This indicates a problem occurred in the NTFS file system. 
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conclusion
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. No offending third party drivers have been found. Connsider using WhoCrashed Professional which offers more detailed analysis using symbol resolution. Also configuring your system to produce a full memory dump may help you. 

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information. 

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is actually responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further. 

Advertisements

HaraMo

HaraMo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Extra bsods's after I enabled verifier. system was stable until 18:00 pm.

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

On Fri 28/03/2014 18:03:55 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\032814-35100-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x75BC0)
Bugcheck code: 0xC4 (0x1001, 0xFFFFFA8007295990, 0xFFFFFA8003D75980, 0x0)
Error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This is the general bug check code for fatal errors found by Driver Verifier.
Deadlock: A lock hierarchy violation has been found. A bug check with this parameter occurs only when the Deadlock Detection option of Driver Verifier is active. This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 28/03/2014 18:03:55 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: netr28ux.sys (netr28ux+0x6CD61)
Bugcheck code: 0xC4 (0x1001, 0xFFFFFA8007295990, 0xFFFFFA8003D75980, 0x0)
Error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\netr28ux.sys
product: Ralink 802.11n Wireless Adapters
company: Ralink Technology Corp.
description: Ralink 802.11n Wireless Adapter Driver
Bug check description: This is the general bug check code for fatal errors found by Driver Verifier.
Deadlock: A lock hierarchy violation has been found. A bug check with this parameter occurs only when the Deadlock Detection option of Driver Verifier is active. This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: netr28ux.sys (Ralink 802.11n Wireless Adapter Driver, Ralink Technology Corp.).
Google query: Ralink Technology Corp. DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

netr28ux.sys seems to be associated with a wireless device? DO you have a wireless card or USB adapter on the computer? If so see if there is a newer (or even older) driver for it.

HaraMo

HaraMo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
Wireless 150N Adapter USB  ( sweex lw153).

I first used the driver which I found on their website, it should be also for windows 7.

But I had also BSOD.

Then I updated the driver from this link:

https://sites.google...driver/download

I used the second last one(version 17-04-2012), as the last one couldn't be downloaded at that time. for a month no problems.

Now I managed to download the last version available ( 17-08-2012).

If I install it, and the installation is finshid succesfully, the driver was not updated.

So I had to update the driver manually. After searching in google how, I managed to  instal the driver.

But I'm not sure about the ntfs bsod. Can this bsod be caused by the wifi driver conflict?

a month ago the hard disk was ok (seagate tool).

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

But I'm not sure about the ntfs bsod. Can this bsod be caused by the wifi driver conflict?

Yes, it can.

One thing to think about is replacing the USB Wireless device.

jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• Expert
  • 92 posts
  • MVP

Bugcheck was 0x24 (0x1904fb,,,)

0x1904fb converts to a 0xc0000005 exception error - memory access violation.

The 0xc5 could be related to the wifi driver, but I doubt the 0x24 is.

Re-run SeaTools for DOS, long test on all internal and external drives.

http://www.sysnative...iagnostics.html

There is no question a genuine driver update must be found for the wifi device or it must be replaced.  The major wifi manufacturer's drivers are updated to late 2013/early 2014 now.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

HaraMo

HaraMo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Yes, it can.

One thing to think about is replacing the USB Wireless device.

replacing because there is no suitable driver or maybe the wifi stick is damaged?

neclect yhis question, as the following post did answer it

so new wifi stick is necesary. I wil give it a try with the latest driver i installed. river is not from the sweex company but another. I could choose belkin, cisco, .. when i was manually installing it.

does it matter which company I take? it's  the same driver so i dont think its matter.

i will rerun seatools again. do i need first to run chkdsk , sfc, ..? 

Edited by HaraMo, 30 March 2014 - 03:39 AM.

HaraMo

HaraMo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

i found this ftrom microsoft:

http://msdn.microsof...3(v=vs.85).aspx

3 fifferent causes 0x24

bad disk ( ntfs file system or bad blocks)

IDE driver

and this one i dont understand:

Another possible cause is depletion of nonpaged pool memory. If the nonpaged pool memory is completely depleted, this error can stop the system. However, during the indexing process, if the amount of available nonpaged pool memory is very low, another kernel-mode driver requiring nonpaged pool memory can also trigger this error.

if i understand this ,it means that maybe the wifi stick needed nonpaged pool memory ( whatever this is) , can cause also  0x24.

HaraMo

HaraMo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

attached the logs from seagate, no errors found (month ago and today)

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

No guarantee replaceing the wifi USB adapter will help, but it might.
Here is some good info on paged and non-paged memory:

What's non-paged pool memory?

Memory Management - Understanding Pool Resources

A device drive could cause a non-paged error, so if you can borrow a wifi USB adapter to try, that would be a good test.

HaraMo

HaraMo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

OK, I'm back,hardest time at work is over. the BSOD are still there, I really don't understand what is wrong. wifi stick is been replaced, drivers are been removed.  I did sfc scannow without cd.

I do have to say that windows vista was on it first, now windows 7 professional. I installed the drivers from acer website, which were for windows 7 home premium. according to acer helpdesk, the drivers are only for windows 7 HOME PREMIUM and not tested for professional. I didn't know that for every version of windows 7 there are other drivers needed? is this true?

Then He send me an email with an app (systeminfo.zip) , this would show me information about the devices in the pc. How can I look for drivers this way?

thare are lot of bsods,  the latest bsod (01-10-2014 until 05-11-2014) , if needed, I can upload them, but what do I have to use to get the BSOD's?

HaraMo

HaraMo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

I bought the professional version of whochrased, becaue I hoped to find more info this way... . In the conclusion (see below) something about :  mpfilter.sys

Welcome to WhoCrashed (Professional Edition) v 5.02
This program checks for drivers which have been crashing your computer. If your computer has displayed a blue screen of death, suddenly rebooted or shut down then this program will help you find the root cause and possibly a solution.

Whenever a computer suddenly reboots without displaying any notice or blue screen of death, the first thing that is often thought about is a hardware failure. In reality, on Windows most crashes are caused by malfunctioning device drivers and kernel modules. In case of a kernel error, many computers do not show a blue screen unless they are configured for this. Instead these systems suddenly reboot without any notice.

This program will analyze your crash dumps with the single click of a button. It will tell you what drivers are likely to be responsible for crashing your computer. It will report a conclusion which offers suggestions on how to proceed in any situation while the analysis report will display internet links which will help you further troubleshoot any detected problems.

To obtain technical support visit www.resplendence.com/support

Click here to check if you have the latest version or if an update is available.

Click the Analyze Local button to analyze this computer or the Analyze Remote button for a computer on the network...

System Information (local)
computer name: SIEN-LT
windows version: Windows 8 , 6.2, build: 9200
windows dir: C:\Windows
Hardware: HP ProBook 4720s, Hewlett-Packard, 1411
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel® Core™ i3 CPU M 350 @ 2.27GHz Intel586, level: 6
4 logical processors, active mask: 15
RAM: 3143495680 total

Crash Dump Analysis
Crash dump directory: C:\Users\Moham_000\Desktop\bsodsElvire

On Wed 5/11/2014 22:18:57 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Users\Moham_000\Desktop\bsodsElvire\110514-44195-01.dmp
uptime: 00:23:00
This was probably caused by the following module: cng.sys (cng!GatherRandomKey+0x52F)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x10000, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF80002D05622)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\cng.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
description: Kernel Cryptography, Next Generation
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

On Wed 5/11/2014 21:40:17 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Users\Moham_000\Desktop\bsodsElvire\110514-50684-01.dmp
uptime: 06:10:41
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xFFFFF88014FABBA0, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80002C7C1AC)
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 4/11/2014 18:52:22 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Users\Moham_000\Desktop\bsodsElvire\110414-26847-01.dmp
uptime: 00:00:27
This was probably caused by the following module: win32k.sys (win32k!GreLockVisRgn+0x5D)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFF960012ED5F8, 0x0, 0xFFFFF96000194F2D, 0x2)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
file path: C:\Windows\system32\win32k.sys
description: Multi-User Win32-stuurprogramma
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.

On Sat 1/11/2014 8:57:56 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Users\Moham_000\Desktop\bsodsElvire\110114-29374-01.dmp
uptime: 00:00:28
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xF, 0x8, 0xF)
Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.

On Sat 25/10/2014 7:51:39 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Users\Moham_000\Desktop\bsodsElvire\102514-34039-01.dmp
uptime: 00:00:10
This was probably caused by the following module: ntfs.sys (Ntfs!BinarySearchIndex+0x1FC)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFF88022ED2C58, 0x0, 0xFFFFF880012DA86C, 0x2)
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.

On Mon 20/10/2014 16:33:15 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Users\Moham_000\Desktop\bsodsElvire\102014-60497-01.dmp
uptime: 00:01:37
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xFFFFFA803131BFA8, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80002D19825)

On Mon 20/10/2014 16:30:52 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Users\Moham_000\Desktop\bsodsElvire\102014-29140-01.dmp
uptime: 00:00:21
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFF8801402D700, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80002D0D96C, 0x2)

On Mon 13/10/2014 15:22:51 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Users\Moham_000\Desktop\bsodsElvire\101314-33150-01.dmp
uptime: 00:00:37
This was probably caused by the following module: fltmgr.sys (0xFFFFF88000E4B65C)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF88000E4B65C, 0xFFFFF88002884B70, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\fltmgr.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows®-besturingssysteem
description: Microsoft Bestandssysteemfilterbeheer
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.

On Sat 11/10/2014 14:02:42 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Users\Moham_000\Desktop\bsodsElvire\101114-37845-01.dmp
uptime: 01:09:54
This was probably caused by the following module: fltmgr.sys (fltmgr! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x19D8)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0xFFFFF800050FB748, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8800100899C)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\fltmgr.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows®-besturingssysteem
description: Microsoft Bestandssysteemfilterbeheer
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.

On Mon 6/10/2014 22:29:57 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Users\Moham_000\Desktop\bsodsElvire\100714-58515-01.dmp
uptime: 07:09:16
This was probably caused by the following module: mpfilter.sys (MpFilter+0x1A834)
Bugcheck code: 0xFC (0xFFFFF88001C29AE0, 0x800000006FE40121, 0xFFFFF880082797B0, 0x2)
Error: ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY
Bug check description: This indicates that an attempt was made to execute non-executable memory.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules. There is a possibility this problem was caused by a virus or other malware.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: mpfilter.sys .
Google query: mpfilter.sys ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY

Conclusion
12 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. Only 10 are included in this report. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

mpfilter.sys

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination the errors that have been reported for these drivers and include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions from users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.