Welcome to GeeksToGo, ssweeney27
My name is Machiavelli and I'll try to fix your PC problems. If you are in SafeMode then print my instructions! Removing Malware on a computer can be very complicated. Malware (malicious software) is able to hide and so I may not be able to find it so easily. In order to remove Malware from you Computer, you need to follow my instructions carefully. Don't be worried if you don't know what to do, just ask me! Please stay in contact with me until the problem is fixed.
!NOTE! Please respect my volunteered time and stay with me until I declare your computer clean. If you are going to be delayed for a while, please let me know.
I am currently in training and my posts will need to be reviewed by an expert, so expect a slight delay between posts.
1. OTL Scan
Please download OTL (by OldTimer) from the link below and save it to your Desktop.
Download Mirror #1
- Please copy the text in the Quote box below, (Do Not copy the word Quote), and paste it in the box in OTL. To do that:
- Highlight everything inside the quote box, (except the word Quote), right click the mouse and click Copy.
dir "%systemdrive%\*" /S /A:L /C
- Open on the desktop. To do that:
- XP users: Double click on the OTL icon.
- Vista / 7 Users: Right click on the icon and click Run as Administrator)
- Make sure all other windows are closed.
- You will see a console like the one below:
- Click the box beside Scan All Users at the top of the console
- If you have a 64bit Windows, click the box beside Include 64bit Scans at the top of the console.
- Make sure the Output box at the top is set to Standard Output.
- Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.
- Place the mouse pointer inside the box, right click and click Paste. This will put the above script inside OTL
- Click the button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so.
- Let the scan run uninterrupted.
- When the scan completes, it will open OTL.Txt on the desktop.
- Please copy the contents of these files and paste it into your reply. To do that:
- On the OTL.txt file Menu Bar click Edit then click Select All. This will highlight the contents of the file. Then click Copy.
- Right click inside the forum post window then click Paste. This will paste the contents of the OTL.txt file in the in the post window.
- Please do the same for the Extras.txt
2. Export Malwarebytes Log
- Go to the tab called Logfiles
- Select the Logfile where MBAM has something found
- Click open and a Logfile will open - post the results
- If you made other scans where it also found something please post also these results