Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

blue screen frequent shutdowns (tcpip.sys problem)...help!

bluescreen shutdown frequent bsod help

• Please log in to reply

CosmiChaos

CosmiChaos

• Pip
  • 1 posts

A few weeks ago (about 3 to 4 weeks ago) there was 4 simultaneous power outages in my area, and it started blue screening getting more and more frequent (first it was happening every 2 to 3 days, now its happening like 10 times a day, but today it has been about 6 hours and its happened about 15 times and I'm really stumped on what to do).

I've done a few things to try and sort it out like doing virus scans, malware scans, full system scans, system restores (my restores don't go back very far) and I was begining to think I should reinstall windows, so I've come to this after seeing a post on this site.

It says that the BSOD is caused tcpip.sys and I would very much appreciate it if anybody would be able help me with my problem and get my computer up and running properly again.

Edited by CosmiChaos, 31 March 2014 - 08:13 AM.

Advertisements

jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• Expert
  • 92 posts
  • MVP

Hi -

tcpip.sys is a Microsoft networking related driver and is not the actual cause.  It is merely a default.

Run Driver Verifier and see if it flags any 3rd party drivers -

http://www.sysnative...dows-vista.html

Regards. . .

jcgriff2