Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

satellite networking

• Please log in to reply

m_lengel

m_lengel

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have 2 computers i need to netork together to share the internet and files. One computer is the internet host and i need to get the internet working on the other. The satillite has to run through the program and then out the host computer on an ethernet wire. We have them connected with the ethernet and they share files but not the internet. :tazz: f anyone has a clue let me know cause im stumped... ;)

Advertisements

bobthemailman

bobthemailman

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
go into my computer on host machine click network places then click my netwok connections. then right click the internet connection and click properties and look for button that says share internet connection and make sure its checked. you also need to run a network setup wizard on the other computer :tazz:

Edited by bobthemailman, 09 June 2005 - 12:18 PM.

m_lengel

m_lengel

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i have already done those things but the network still doesn't work. On the host computer it says that the computers are connected and on the other computer it says that it has limited conductivity. Some one was saying i needed a cross over wire, but the the ethernet wire i have is buried in the ground and it worked before i got new computers.

bobthemailman

bobthemailman

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
ok i had a similar problem with my laptop and computer. it was the same thing try messing with the crtification card security protocal thing at the recieving and and try different combonations (like one compwith ti on the other with it off and so forth) sorry if this does not solve the problem.