Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Texas Instruments PCIxx12 cardbus driver disappeared

• Please log in to reply

krivsonn

krivsonn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

I should have suggested this earlier but did not do so thinking that installing a driver would not be so difficult, create a back up image as a precaution, details here

Is there one each for the two different speed of as in below;
Mobile Intel 945GM Express Chipset with 667-MHz front side bus  
Mobile Intel 940GML Express Chipset with 533-MHz front side bus

As always advised, download and save the correct driver to the desktop, create a new system restore point, uninstall the relevant driver and either use the scan for hardware changes option or restart the computer and then install the driver manually.

PCI bridge driver  :thumbsup:

I should have suggested this earlier but did not do so thinking that installing a driver would not be so difficult, create a back up image as a precaution, details here

As always advised, download and save the correct driver to the desktop, create a new system restore point, uninstall the relevant driver and either use the scan for hardware changes option or restart the computer and then install the driver manually.

PCI bridge driver  :thumbsup:

Advertisements

krivsonn

krivsonn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Sorry for a late reply,

I ran out off display cleaning fluid, so I cleaned registry yesterday and defragmented hard drive...

If lifting Windows was lifting weights, I'd look like Swarzenegger by now. I have been trying over and over again. Downloaded PCI bridge twice by mistake, so burned the credit of 2 drivers for yesterday. Updated PCI bridge. No change. Then I noticed that DriverMax reports Generic Cardbus Driver update as failed. Tried updating it several times and it fails each time... Other updates are installed, this is the only one reported as "installation failed".

So we are back at the beginning...

As for the chipset, DriverMax reports "Mobile Intel® 945 Express Chipset family Version 9.14.10.4764" twice. Identical, including instalation date. No frequencies are mentioned.

Processor is Intel® Celeron M CPU 430 @ 1.73 GHz.

Thanks for backing up solution, however, I don't have enough free space on a hard drive and no usb port to connect another external memory.....

Waiting for your advice.

Edited by krivsonn, 10 April 2014 - 05:04 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

No worries, reply when you can (before, during or after spring cleaning if need be)  :thumbsup:

One way to determine which chipset driver you need is to run CPU-Z to get the FSB information, details here

You must be really stuck to be spending your time on a notebook with no USB ports etc, do you have any way of burning a disk to see if the card slot will work in a Linux OS.

krivsonn

krivsonn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

No option. I am trying to install chipset driver, and it is going on for more than an hour now. I think this is to much, and thinking of rebooting again.

krivsonn

krivsonn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

I can't upload report file. What info do you need from CPU-Z?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

I can't upload report file. What info do you need from CPU-Z?

No need to upload anything here, it was suggested so that you could see which of the two below your CPU is so that you could download the correct chipset driver

krivsonn

krivsonn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

It's i943/940 GML

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

The chipset driver I get is here

krivsonn

krivsonn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

:headscratch:  Updated everything I coul. Ran few dfifferent driver updaters, DriverMax now reports Generic carbus controller to be OK. Anyway, I had no progress at all. I am seriously thinking going to the nearest pub and :pepsi: . But logo is gonna look different than that one on the glass. Anything as long as its not Microsoft logo, I really can't look at it any more..... :no:

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Time to consider that this is hardware as opposed to software related and especially with the amount of software fixes that you have tried  :(

There are a couple of tests that you can run here that do not require an XP disk, please disregard #1 as I am not suggesting that the issue is malware related.

The pub sounds better than banging your head against a brick wall with frustration  :yes:

Advertisements

krivsonn

krivsonn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

#1 being just being a free scan for malware at the top of the page or? I guess the others are sets for two installers, so I need to download installer and portable, and run them each once?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

You only need to download the installer, it is all bundled within.

krivsonn

krivsonn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

The installer mentiones that for XP you need OS CD which I don't have. I simply don't dare... But beer was good. I had one for you too...

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

You would be asked for a disk if you ran chkdsk and any errors were found that required data from the XP disk to repair.

It is a real pity that you have no way of burning a Puppy Linux disk, if the USB ports were working you could have run it from a thumb drive  :(

Thanks for the beer btw  :cheers:

krivsonn

krivsonn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

I ran the installer. Disk was Checked by tune up utilities. No change