Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Factory reset without CD

• Please log in to reply

Gallows

Gallows

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I was wondering if someone could tell me how to reset my computer to factory settings without the CD?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts

:welcome:   Gallows

If you mean restore the HDD (hard drive) on the computer so that there is no other data on it but the operating system then it cannot be done unless there is a fuctional Recovery Partition on the drive, we can help you check this if you are unsure.

Please provide information about your computer, this includes is it a notebook or desktop, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if it is a brand name provide the model name or series number (not serial)  providing these details will enable us to better assist you.

rcchanc

rcchanc

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I have done this before.  I just can not remeber if it's ctrl alt f4 or something else?

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

What is the make and full mopdel number of the computer?