Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer responding slow when on the Internet online.. [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

dowsp

dowsp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Hi Valorium.

I may have to go out for a while shortly...

with ref to   "After I declare you all clean add more RAM to speed things up."

I assume that I am not clear as yet !....and more checking needs to be done.

I am no expert to recall with certainty, but If I recall the shop where I obtained and fitted  the present 2nd hand hard drive from, I think he attempted to replace the origional RAM..with larger size Ram...physically I think by replacing the Ram hardware (Maybe from say 512 to 1024 (2 lots)) or something like that and it would not work on this particular machine...

Unless there is a way of installing more on a download rather than changing the actual hardware or if I have lost some somehow on my present setup...

Will be back later to try to follow the next steps...

Advertisements

dowsp

dowsp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Here is the OTL file to step 2 that you asked me to run and post....

-----------------------------------

All processes killed
========== COMMANDS ==========
Restore point Set: OTL Restore Point
========== OTL ==========
Registry key HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1993962763-492894223-1957994488-500\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{014DB5FA-EAFB-4592-A95B-F44D3EE87FA9}\ deleted successfully.
Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{014DB5FA-EAFB-4592-A95B-F44D3EE87FA9}\ not found.
Registry value HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1993962763-492894223-1957994488-500\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser\\{41564952-412D-5637-4300-7A786E7484D7} deleted successfully.
Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{41564952-412D-5637-4300-7A786E7484D7}\ not found.
========== COMMANDS ==========

[EMPTYTEMP]

User: Administrator
->Temp folder emptied: 229031216 bytes
->Temporary Internet Files folder emptied: 71908877 bytes
->Google Chrome cache emptied: 363495029 bytes
->Flash cache emptied: 1577 bytes

User: All Users

User: Default User
->Temp folder emptied: 0 bytes
->Temporary Internet Files folder emptied: 33170 bytes

User: LocalService
->Temp folder emptied: 66016 bytes
->Temporary Internet Files folder emptied: 18231514 bytes

User: NetworkService
->Temp folder emptied: 277138 bytes
->Temporary Internet Files folder emptied: 33237 bytes

%systemdrive% .tmp files removed: 0 bytes
%systemroot% .tmp files removed: 2402044 bytes
%systemroot%\System32 .tmp files removed: 2577 bytes
%systemroot%\System32\dllcache .tmp files removed: 0 bytes
%systemroot%\System32\drivers .tmp files removed: 0 bytes
Windows Temp folder emptied: 11079290 bytes
%systemroot%\system32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Temp folder emptied: 213704504 bytes
%systemroot%\system32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files folder emptied: 0 bytes
RecycleBin emptied: 148249 bytes

Total Files Cleaned = 868.00 mb

OTL by OldTimer - Version 3.2.69.0 log created on 04082014_184014

Files\Folders moved on Reboot...

PendingFileRenameOperations files...

Registry entries deleted on Reboot...

dowsp

dowsp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

With ref to the adwcleaner links that you gave me....

The 1st link goes to Bleeping computer...last time I downloaded one of their downloads, my computer also ended up with a lot of unwanted downloads as well... that I later had to delete all that I could..so I am a bit wary of their downloads.

Since I have found sometimes they have options, that you can select..that do not include other software...but for the unwary...you can easily download the wrong options.

The 2nd link is French...it has an option to select in english, but I could only find a link to download that is in French...

the advert that shows up for adwcleaner on the initial page does not work and suggests its just a tutorial.

I had to search the other downloads to find the right one, but as I say it is in French. this is the page that I could find it on..

It does show details in French with a link to download...and also a English description below it....but no English version download...

I am NOT sure if It will still work ok if I use the French version !

http://general-chang...utils-de-xplode

I may chance trying bleeping computer ...as Hopefully if it does download anything else unwanted you can advise me...

dowsp

dowsp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

I chanced downloading Adwcleaner  from Bleeping Computer and it does seem the same as the origional French download on link 2 you posted..

heres the log file results...

-----------------------------

# AdwCleaner v3.023 - Report created 08/04/2014 at 19:46:16
# Updated 01/04/2014 by Xplode
# Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 (32 bits)
# Username : Administrator - NBS-30B3685D369
# Running from : C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Downloads\AdwCleaner (1).exe
# Option : Clean

***** [ Services ] *****

***** [ Files / Folders ] *****

Folder Deleted : C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\apn
Folder Deleted : C:\Program Files\myfree codec
Folder Deleted : C:\Program Files\Nosibay
Folder Deleted : C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Nosibay

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

***** [ Registry ] *****

Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\secman.DLL
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\secman.OutlookSecurityManager
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\secman.OutlookSecurityManager.1
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\{4D076AB4-7562-427A-B5D2-BD96E19DEE56}
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{66EEF543-A9AC-4A9D-AA3C-1ED148AC8EEE}
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{826D7151-8D99-434B-8540-082B8C2AE556}
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{66EEF543-A9AC-4A9D-AA3C-1ED148AC8EEE}
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{66EEF543-A9AC-4A9D-AA3C-1ED148AC8FFE}
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{11549FE4-7C5A-4C17-9FC3-56FC5162A994}
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{014DB5FA-EAFB-4592-A95B-F44D3EE87FA9}
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Conduit
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Nosibay

***** [ Browsers ] *****

-\\ Internet Explorer v8.0.6001.18702

-\\ Google Chrome v33.0.1750.154

[ File : C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\preferences ]

AdwCleaner[R0].txt - [1946 octets] - [08/04/2014 19:43:41]
AdwCleaner[S0].txt - [1907 octets] - [08/04/2014 19:46:16]

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S0].txt - [1967 octets] ##########

dowsp

dowsp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Here is the Junkware log file...

----------------

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) by Thisisu
Version: 6.1.4 (04.06.2014:1)
Ran by Administrator on Tue 04/08/2014 at 20:00:29.50

~~~ Services

~~~ Registry Values

Successfully repaired: [Registry Value] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{0633EE93-D776-472f-A0FF-E1416B8B2E3A}\\DisplayName
Successfully repaired: [Registry Value] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{0633EE93-D776-472f-A0FF-E1416B8B2E3A}\\URL

~~~ Registry Keys

~~~ Files

~~~ Folders

Scan was completed on Tue 04/08/2014 at 20:04:57.73
End of JRT log

dowsp

dowsp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

I just want to inform you..

Some weeks back I tried to download and install adobe flash player....but for some reason the installation did not seem to work..

when I now go into yahoo on Internet Explorers browser...

I keep getting the following message..come up...

This website wants to run the following add-on adobe flash player from adobe systems incorporated..if you trust the website and add on ad want to allow it to run..click here.....

I have tried clicking here  and I get options of Run add on..or run addon on all websites...come up

when I click add on.... it opens a download box  do I want to run this active X control..this is again from adobe flash..player..

It seems as if it is just trying again to install adobe flash but for some reason is not able to do so.

As far as I know, it has not yet installed...and it seems a continuous thing that keeps coming up...but it has not installed for some reason.....I dont think it is just trying to add on some new files..

It may be that part of my problem has also been due to this, especially when I open yahoo in IE...

I know adobe has caused issues in the past...but just wanted to let you know and ask if you see it as a problem.

thank you

dowsp

dowsp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

I do also have the Adobe flash player ( AFP )plugin 12 uploaded to my computer....as well as AFP 12 active X on my machine..

I wonder if it has a problem with IE 8 ?

It does not seem to be working on yahoo when I am using IE browser..

I am ok when using google chrome..

Valinorum

Valinorum

GeekU Guardian Bot

• GeekU Moderator
  • 3,330 posts

The 1st link goes to Bleeping computer...last time I downloaded one of their downloads, my computer also ended up with a lot of unwanted downloads as well... that I later had to delete all that I could..so I am a bit wary of their downloads.

Can you give me some detail? BC hosts many malware removal tools' developers and is one of most trusted website. So, I need to make sure of that claim before I inform BC authority.

Regarding your flash player issue, go to this link and download a proper version for your IE. Also, inform me about the current situation of your browser.

dowsp

dowsp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

The previous scans did seem to delete quite a lot of temp and unwanted files, over 800 mbs ..which is good&  I suspect should help.

I do not know why but I often do seem to have a problem when I am on yahoo....I like it as website and for email...

but it often (Not always) seems slow to open or when I click to my email..it sometimes does not open.

I have to close the webpage and reopen....As far as I know, I am using Internet Explorer 8 and google chrome as my main browsers.

Google chrome seems to work better with yahoo...but I am using 2 yahoo email addresses....one for each browser...

It may well be that Adobe is causing the problem with the IE browser...I did not realise there is a special adobe flash player for it .

I will try the download you gave me and see what happens....BUT as I already have a version on my computer and it seems OK when using google chrome...then I am not sure if I keep that version if it is always going to interfere with IE..

If I delete the present Adobe flash player...and install the other version...then I am not sure if it will be ok with google chrome..

I will try it later and let you know.

As for bleeping computer downloads...I cannot recall just now which one it was last time...It may come back to me later..

BUT I think what it is that some free downloads, be it on Bleeping computer or elsewhere...do sometimes include other things like toolbars...and some want the users to allow there toolbars to  become the users main toolbar..

It may be that they do have options to choose or deny the toolbar option...its just that I do not think I realised at the time..as it was the 1st time id used it for a long time....

I think that there was something wrote also on the recent downloads I just did....if I can find the info Ill post what it said.

It may be a bit later before I get back with the info..

thank you....

dowsp

dowsp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Just to let you know.

just at the moment, I was really struggling to open yahoo in IE..it is slowly loading but much of the page is not showing.

there is what says a compatibility option on my toolbar that in the past sometimes I have had to click on that to open the page.

I never had to do this at one time and on the previous hardrive I had on IE version 6 did not have it..it seems the newer versions do..

I do or did  have access to another computer with windows vista and that has a compatibility option as well..

Yahoo has just open as I have wrote this..I then tried to open my email and got a message telling me to turn the compatibility option off..

to turn it off its in the tools section   (File Edit,Favorites Tools help options in the top of the page toolbar)

this did allow it to open the email.

sometimes I get this message but not always..and sometimes it is on or off when I log on...

I am not sure at times if also maybe It may be a issue with my internet broadband wifi providers service..

sometimes in run , I flush ipconfig/flushdns and that helps, but not always

Advertisements

dowsp

dowsp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

This is what it says when I have compatibilty view on...and it comes up with this message... BUT it does not always show up when it is switched on...it only shows when it seems to struggle to open yahoo or yahoo mail..

Turn off compatibility view

Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 include a compatibility view which makes your browser work like an older version of Internet Explorer. If this view is turned on Yahoo! Mail may not work properly.

Learn More

Continue to Basic Mail. You can access full-featured mail by turning off compatibility view.

Valinorum

Valinorum

GeekU Guardian Bot

• GeekU Moderator
  • 3,330 posts
Regarding IE flash player plugin -- it is built for IE only.
  • Step #5 Scan with Security Check
    • Download Security Check by screen317 to your Desktop from any of the following location;
    • Right click on the program and choose Run as Administrator;
    • After the checking a log will appear;
    • Copy and Paste the content of the log in your next reply.

• Required Log(s):
    • Security Check Log
Regards,
Valinorum

dowsp

dowsp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Thanks for your comments Valinorum,

I have not as yet downloaded the adobe link you gave me...

Upon reading your comments....and explaining my situation with adobe and my browsers...IE & Google Chrome,  

I am not really sure if I need to do another adobe download if the Flash player plug in is for IE...as I already have 

that plug in...I Think...   (I will look to make sure shortly)

I will try Security check as you have described...

Will post the log shortly....I have just come in after being out for a while and may get a bite to eat  depending how long it seems to take...

dowsp

dowsp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

That was quicker than I expected..

I will let you know that I uninstalled my antivirus MSE  some days before I started this thread... as it was not finding anything...

and I was considering trying kaspersky...I don't think I had a firewall either..unless there was one come with the system I obtained or if its in windows XP.

I can see this has found and confirmed flash player, but not confirmed the plug in...which I could see when I looked in add and remove programs...in control panel..

------------------------------------------

Results of screen317's Security Check version 0.99.81  
 Windows XP Service Pack 3 x86   
 Internet Explorer 8  
``````````````Antivirus/Firewall Check:`````````````` 
 Windows Firewall Disabled!  
Please wait while WMIC is being installed. 
 WMI entry may not exist for antivirus; attempting automatic update. 
`````````Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:````````` 
 Adobe Flash Player 12.0.0.77  
 Adobe Reader XI  
 Google Chrome 33.0.1750.146  
 Google Chrome 33.0.1750.154  
````````Process Check: objlist.exe by Laurent````````  
`````````````````System Health check````````````````` 
 Total Fragmentation on Drive C:: 30% Defragment your hard drive soon! (Do NOT defrag if SSD!)
````````````````````End of Log`````````````````````` 

dowsp

dowsp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

With ref to the link you gave me to download adobe.. I can see its a later version....mine was version 12 ...that is version 13...

Prior to this....I just found out somewhere that it says adobe Flash comes with Google Chrome....so when that got installed...in order to use it with IE as well... then I assume that is what the Plug in is for..

I can see some information about the plug in etc  on the adobe download page...see below...I posted it...but I am not sure I fully understand it.

I also was not sure if a new version of adobe came out if it would be an automatic update or if I have to delete the pre version 12 and then upload the new version.....as well as delete the previous plug in and find the correct new one to upload...

It seems a bit more complex than I initially thought or realized... !

(Regarding your flash player issue, go to this link and download a proper version for your IE. Also, inform me about the current situation of your browser. )

The Google Chrome browser (32 bit) includes Adobe Flash Player built-in. Accordingly, it's not necessary for Chrome to download Flash Player separately.

This document addresses questions about the enhanced support for Flash Player in Google Chrome.

How do I install the latest version of Flash Player in Google Chrome?

Chrome users don't have to download new versions of Flash Player. Chrome automatically updates when new versions of Flash Player are available. That way, users always have the latest security updates. Select About Google Chrome under the Tools menu to verify that your Chrome browser is up-to-date. (The wrench icon near the Chrome address bar indicates the Tools menu.)  It can take some time before updates roll out to all Chrome users.

Advanced users and developers can also install specific plug-in versions of Flash Player. They can also install preview or release versions of Flash Player or run developer debugger versions of Flash Player.

How is the integrated version of Flash Player that comes with Google Chrome different from the separately installed plug-in?

All versions of Flash Player, regardless of browser, enable the same great experience of a range of applications and content on the Web. With Flash Player integrated into Google Chrome, users no longer have to install Flash Player separately, providing a seamless experience of the Web. The Chrome browser automatically updates the built-in Flash Player to protect users with the latest security updates.

If the built-in Flash Player in Chrome is disabled, Chrome uses the downloaded plug-in version of Flash Player if it is installed on the user’s system.

If multiple Flash Player plug-ins are enabled, Chrome uses the integrated Flash Player.

Unless you are a developer that requires a debug or pre-release version of Flash Player, Adobe recommends that Chrome users use Flash Player integrated with their browser.

Note: The integrated Flash Player in Chrome has a different filename than the system plug-in. When you enable or disable plug-ins, ensure that you have identified the correct plug-in.

Platform Integrated Plug-in System Plug-in Windows pepflashplayer.dll NPSWF32.dll Mac OS PepperFlashPlayer.plugin Flash Player.plugin Linux libpepflashplayer.so libflashplayer.so
How can I run the system plug-in, debugger or alternate versions of Flash Player in Google Chrome?

Developers using Google Chrome can download and install a separate debugger or prerelease version of Flash Player as a system plug-in. Advanced users wanting to install a new version of Flash Player before they receive an automatic update through Chrome can install and use a separate system plug-in.

However, Adobe recommends that non-developer Chrome users use Flash Player integrated with their browser. Using manually installed versions of Flash Player, by following the steps below, means that users no longer benefit from the automatic Flash Player updates that Chrome provides.

To install and use an alternate version of Flash Player:

• Download and install the appropriate system plug-in. This plug-in could be a debugger, prerelease, or release version of Flash Player. (Archived release versions of the system plug-in are found here.)

• Type “about:plugins” (without quotation marks) into the address bar at the top of a Chrome browser window.
  • Click “Details” at the upper-right corner of the page.
  • Find the “Flash” (or “Shockwave Flash”) listing for the integrated plug-in on the page and click the corresponding “Disable” button. To identify the integrated plug-in, see the table of plug-in filenames above.
  • Find the “Flash” (or “Shockwave Flash”) listing for the system plug-in on the page and click the corresponding “Enable” button. To identify the system plug-in, see the table of plug-in filenames above.
  • Close all Chrome windows and restart the browser.

Chrome uses the installed system plug-in. To confirm the version of Flash Player that is currently running in your browser, see Find Flash Player version (tn_15507).

I can't view rich media content. How do I get Flash Player to turn on?

It's possible that you could have disabled Flash Player in Chrome. To reenable it:

• Type “about:plugins” (without the quotation marks) into the address bar at the top of a Chrome browser window.
  • Click “Details” at the upper-right corner of the page.
  • Find the “Flash” (or “Shockwave Flash”) listing on the Plug-ins page and click the corresponding “Enable” button.
  • Close all Chrome windows and restart the browser.

Edited by dowsp, 08 April 2014 - 05:17 PM.