Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer responding slow when on the Internet online.. [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Valinorum

Valinorum

GeekU Guardian Bot

• GeekU Moderator
  • 3,330 posts
Post the ESET log when done.

Advertisements

dowsp

dowsp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts

There is a one time scan and a 30 day trial to ESET....

I will try the one time scan for this...

It says that it can take several hours....so I may have to let it run overnight when I start...

If I am lucky maybe it wont take too long..

dowsp

dowsp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Hi Valinorum,

I ran ESET and it took only 23 mins...and has found somethings....3 viruses..

I am not sure if upon closing the application if ESET will delete the viruses when I close the program and ticked to uninstall application as when you asked me to install...you did not include the remove virus  as we unchecked the REMOVE FOUND THREATS OPTION in order to get to see what the threats may be when listed...(I do not know if we had selected the removal option if it would have listed them)

or if you can now remove them separately later...

C:\WINDOWS\Installer\MSI13C.tmp a variant of Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Ask.F potentially unsafe application
C:\WINDOWS\Installer\MSI144.tmp a variant of Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Ask.F potentially unsafe application
C:\WINDOWS\Installer\MSI5F.tmp a variant of Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Ask.F potentially unsafe application

Valinorum

Valinorum

GeekU Guardian Bot

• GeekU Moderator
  • 3,330 posts

Hi dowsp, :)

Tell me if you have any issue after applying the following fix.

• Step # Fix with OTL
    • Re-run OTL by right clicking and choosing Run as administrator;
    • Under the Custom Scans/Fixes Box copy and paste the following contents inside the quote box. (Do not include the word 'quote').

:Commands
      [createrestorepoint]

:Files
      C:\WINDOWS\Installer\MSI13C.tmp
      C:\WINDOWS\Installer\MSI144.tmp
      C:\WINDOWS\Installer\MSI5F.tmp

:Commands
      [emptytemp]

• Click on "Run Fix" and let the program run unhindered;
    • Your PC will reboot automatically and a log will be opened;
    • Please post it in your next reply.

• Required Log(s):
    • OTL Fix Log

Regards,
Valinorum

dowsp

dowsp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Hi Valinorum,

I hope that I did the right things when I ran OTL

I am not sure what time frame I should be selecting....so far I just ran it on 30 days which is what shown when I opened it.

The Computer did not restart by itself...but a log was produced...

It says its removed the threats, but shows an error message as well.

It may be too early to tell until I try things for a while....but upon trying so far ...things are opening and webpages , emails etc are loading ok so far...

I may be better restarting an checking to see how it goes.

Its good we found some what look like hidden hard to find threats that other AV software could not find...

Fingers Crossed.....But I still think that Adobe could also be one of the problems..

------------------------------------------------------------

========== COMMANDS ==========
Restore point Set: OTL Restore Point
========== FILES ==========
C:\WINDOWS\Installer\MSI13C.tmp moved successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\Installer\MSI144.tmp moved successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\Installer\MSI5F.tmp moved successfully.
========== COMMANDS ==========
Error: Unable to interpret <[emptytemp> in the current context!

OTL by OldTimer - Version 3.2.69.0 log created on 04132014_222357

Valinorum

Valinorum

GeekU Guardian Bot

• GeekU Moderator
  • 3,330 posts
I thought I may encounter that error. Nevertheless, I got the result I wanted. Can you completely remove Adobe Flash Player and re-install it. Ignore the fact that Chrome has a buit-in flash player.

dowsp

dowsp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Initially, the performance seemed better after removing the threats...

Opening webpages and scrolling were looking  quite smooth...

But it does seem later to still have similar problems as I continued to use it and open more pages.

I am still getting those Adobe messages especially when opening yahoo pages and email.

I will uninstall all adobe Flash and try the last link that you gave me when I reload it...that seemed slightly different.

back later with results..

dowsp

dowsp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts

I deleted the last previous to the latest one you recommended Adobe Flash Player 13 earlier...before I went to bed.

When I came online just now...I was thinking that now I am not sure if I have any adobe flash player on my system at all.

According to Control panel add and remove programs..I do not...

BUT I can still play youtube videos on Google chrome.

It is said that you get Adobe Flash player when you download Google chrome.

BUT I am NOT sure if it (Adobe Flash Player )is supposed to show up in Control panel in add and remove programs or not..

or if somehow it is just inside Google Chome some how..

So far when I am trying IE on yahoo.....It seems to vary...sometimes slow to load something when I click on a yahoo link or article..

but that could vary with my Internet connection..

So far now messages coming up with messages for any addons which I got before which is expected since I deleted the IE AFP version 13...

As Google chrome still is showing youtube vids...I am assuming that we cannot or its not a concern maybe to do anything about that.

whether or not it effects or conflicts with any IE AFP version I don't know..

I can try again to upload the IE Adobe Flash Player 13 latest link you gave me..and will do when I come back later as I am going out for a while.

But I thought that Id just post this to let you know..

Valinorum

Valinorum

GeekU Guardian Bot

• GeekU Moderator
  • 3,330 posts
Can you play YouTube video on IE?

dowsp

dowsp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Just before I went out, I did upload Adobe Flash Player 13 version for IE....

I didnt actually check to see if youtube videos would work after I had deleted the AFP 13 IE version...or before I just reinstalled it again from the last link you gave me..

I just tried it on IE now I have uploaded AFP 13 IE version again with the last link... and unfortunately, it is still not working on IE..

This is a message that came up again on youtube when trying it on IE...its referring it needs an HTML5 browser...Not sure what that is...

The Adobe Flash Player or an HTML5 supported browser is required for video playback.
Get the latest Flash Player
Learn more about upgrading to an HTML5 browser

I am still also getting the same message come up when I am on yahoo or certain websites with ref to :

This website wants to run the add on ...Adobe flash runtime from adobe systems inc..if you trust the website and add on ,,,click here... 

this shows between the top of the page browser interface and the webpage....

when I just tried running youtube again on Google Chrome...and that is working OK.

Edited by dowsp, 13 April 2014 - 03:02 PM.

Advertisements

dowsp

dowsp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Now, I just clicked on that Click here  message for the addon and it came up with a file and it is now working !  :-)

Fingers Crossed we may have solved it !....

I just edited to add this..

I opened up another yahoo webpage and opened my email...so I have two pages the same open..

and the add on message for adobe came up again !....

I cannot understand why this has shown up ...esp when Its not another youtube page....Its yahoo mail instead !

Sometimes on IE especially on yahoo....I get a security warning message...

Do you  want to view only the webpage content that was delivered securely...

this webpage contains content that will not be delivered using a secure HTTPS

which could compromise the security of the entire webpage.

sometimes this message comes up and can keep showing up a times when my computer was running poorly !.

and could be a pain to get rid of or sometimes the computer would freeze up.

I don't really know if its expected to show up on quite a regular basis or not..I assume its a Windows XP update  thing...as I don't recall seeing this before I obtained this new drive that may have had a slighly updated version of Xp to my last one..

Presently as far as I know I do not have any AV or firewall on my computer unless there is is a version in windows XP

I am not sure if you can recommend a free version !

-------------------------------------------

This is a message that came up again on youtube when trying it on IE...its referring it needs an HTML5 browser...Not sure what that is...

The Adobe Flash Player or an HTML5 supported browser is required for video playback.
Get the latest Flash Player
Learn more about upgrading to an HTML5 browser

I am still also getting the same message come up when I am on yahoo or certain websites with ref to :

This website wants to run the add on ...Adobe flash runtime from adobe systems inc..if you trust the website and add on ,,,click here... 

Edited by dowsp, 13 April 2014 - 03:25 PM.

Valinorum

Valinorum

GeekU Guardian Bot

• GeekU Moderator
  • 3,330 posts
Can you go hereand click on Your Browser to check your HTML 5 compatibility. After the test click on save results and post the link of the result.

Valinorum

Valinorum

GeekU Guardian Bot

• GeekU Moderator
  • 3,330 posts
Hi,
The flash player issue of IE can be due to it being outdated since you are using XP which is not supported by Microsoft anymore. I'd implore you to upgrade your browser and if you still choose to stay with XP, consider an alternative browser e.g. Firefox or Chrome as XP version of IE is outdated and contains vulnerabilities.

Any issue other than Adobe Flash Player?

dowsp

dowsp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Hi Valinorum

sorry for delay in posting...

Here is the link to the webpage for the results of my browser  Html5 compatibility test 

http://html5test.com...1f866c7063.html

I note what you say about Adobe Flash player , IE and me having Windows XP now being unsupported by Microsoft.

I can try Firefox if IE is now unsuitable as well as google chrome...

I have tried my computer over a couple of days and it has varied...at one point it crashed, be restarted straight away. I am not sure why !  Its not done anything like that for some time.

Then its varied on its performance...even just normal use without adobe Flash player...such as slow loading on certain webpages, trouble scrolling certain webpages and pages seeming to freeze up...That was mainly the day after the last posts...

Then in the last 24 hrs its ran better..

Overall I still seem to get quite a few of the same problems on and off as I had initially even after all we have done..

although initially after we did certain things it may had seemed to perform better in certain ways which I suppose should be expected.

It May be the age of my computer and maybe the Chip, or video card or something is just no longer working so well..

or it could also be my Wifi or Internet  connection.

Unless there is some other virus or malware that we may not have detected or certain settings are not correctly set...

Valinorum

Valinorum

GeekU Guardian Bot

• GeekU Moderator
  • 3,330 posts

This score was recorded using Chrome 34 on Windows XP

I wanted to see the IE result. I know Chrome is okay.

Give me a fresh set of OTL log. I want to check if I have missed anything.