Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

IE 12 coming out...when?

IE 12

• Please log in to reply

Tim Onz

Tim Onz

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Not sure if I missed this, IR it was even mentioned at Build 2014...curious as to when 12 is to be coming out as it will supposedly play open source codec videos.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,504 posts

Hi Tim, welcome to Geeks to Go.

I didn't see any IE12 news out of the Build conference. They did announce a new version of IE11 shipping with Windows 8.1.1 (April 8th). So we'll likely have to wait until the next window refresh (Windows 9?) for IE 12.

Tim Onz

Tim Onz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Thanks!  I'm mainly interested in how an improved 11 or, 12 can play open source codec video...I've had heard that that 12 is supposed to do so.  BigBlueButton .org video output can only be played back within in Firefox and Chrome, but not, presently, IE.  New IE's are supposed to be able to.  I appreciate your response!