Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Automatically logged into GTG after I log out.Am I bitten or has GTG c

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

godawgs

godawgs

Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 8,228 posts

...Did exactly as it said I even turned of my connection to the internet for fear of getting more bugs...

Looks like you added one more step...I even turned of my connection to the internet. I'd say that was the problem. Can't download anything if you aren't connected to the net. I didn't see any malware on the machine in the last OTL log and the MalwareBytes scan came back clean. We're just looking for any residual malware files now. So there's no reason to turn off the internet connection, but if you decide to do that you will need to leave it connected when you are carrying out my last instructions. So connect the computer to the internet and leave it connected, then complete my last instructions. Except you won't need to download the program. You've already done that.

Start where the instructions tell you to Right click the kss(xxxxxxxxxx).exe file and click Run as Administrator to start the application.

Advertisements

bigtrucks

bigtrucks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Boy did I have a time and a half. It took 2 days of full run twice(stupid*#@&% AVG) on this Kaspersky to finally get the reports. But I Got It!!!! lol Wasn't letting this stuff beat me up and down and get away with it.Lol

Attachment below.

Hope you have a good weekend. ;-)

Attached File  HtmlReport.zip   306.67KB   178 downloads

godawgs

godawgs

Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 8,228 posts

The Kaspersky scan looks good. Let's check for any out of date programs. Once we are finished with that, if you don't have any other issues, we'll be ready for some cleanup.

Run Security Check

Download Security Check from here or here and save it to the Desktop.

• Right click the SecurityCheck icon SecurityCheckIcon2.png and click Run as Administrator to run the application. Allow any UAC warnings.
  • Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.

securitycheck.jpg
  • A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.

NOTE: If SecurityCheck aborts and you get the following message: UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! try rebooting the system and then run SecurityCheck again.

Things For Your Next Post:
Please post the logs in the order requested. Please don't attach the logs unless I request it.
1. The checkup.txt log
2. Are there any other issues?

bigtrucks

bigtrucks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Actually I still get the slow lagging issues but seems a bit slower now. The pixeling of the videos have returned. Strange when we first started running  these scans I was able to watch them and they weren't pixeling out. It seems this is the only sight that is automatically signing me in when I click on a link for here in my book marks. Ztruker had me open my pc in Safe Mode Network for something and the videos worked good. Don't know about the sound as it is disabled in safe mode and I don't know why. Actually a lot of things seamed to run better in safe mode network. Well if I'm not infect then a possibility that my HD may be going down. I am going to remove a ton of photos and try and see if I can move my videos from the real player to my portable HD and see if that helps any. I've also had 5 Up Dates waiting. Didn't want to update anything until we were done with all the scans/checks.

Results of screen317's Security Check version 0.99.81  
 Windows Vista Service Pack 2 x86 (UAC is enabled)  
 Internet Explorer 9  
 Internet Explorer 8  
``````````````Antivirus/Firewall Check:``````````````
 Windows Firewall Enabled!  
AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011   
 Antivirus up to date!   
`````````Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:`````````
 MVPS Hosts File  
 Spybot - Search & Destroy
 SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition   
 Secunia PSI (3.0.0.7011)   
 Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 1.75.0.1300  
 JavaFX 2.1.1    
 Java 7 Update 51  
 Adobe Flash Player     12.0.0.77  
 Adobe Reader 10.1.9 Adobe Reader out of Date!  
 Mozilla Firefox (28.0)
````````Process Check: objlist.exe by Laurent````````  
 Spybot Teatimer.exe is disabled!
 AVG avgwdsvc.exe
 AVG avgtray.exe
 AVG avgrsx.exe
 AVG avgnsx.exe
 AVG avgemc.exe
 Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Security Scan 2.0 kss.exe  
`````````````````System Health check`````````````````
 Total Fragmentation on Drive C: 1 %
````````````````````End of Log``````````````````````

godawgs

godawgs

Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 8,228 posts

Your Adobe Reader is out of date. But first let's clear the browser's history and cache and see if that helps with those issues.

Clear Chrome Cache and Browsing History

• Click the Chrome menu iporu.png on the browser toolbar.
  • Select Tools.
  • Select Clear browsing data.
  • Make sure there is a check mark in the boxes beside the following:
    • Clear browsing history
    • Clear download history
    • Empty the cache
    • Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data
  • In the drop-down at the top of the dialog box, select until the beginning of time
  • Click Clear browsing data.

Clear Firefox Cache and Browsing History

• Open the Firefox browser
  • Click the down arrow on the Firefox icon in the upper left corner.
  • Highlight History on the pop up menu and click Clear Recent History.... A clear All History page will open.
  • In the Time range to clear: box, click the down arrow and click Everything
  • Make Sure there is a check mark in the boxes beside the following:
    • Browsing & Download History
    • Form & Search History
    • Cookies
    • Cache
  • Click the Clear now button.

Clear IE Cache and Browsing History

• Open the IE browser.
  • Click the down arrow next to Safety on the right side of the Menu bar and click Delete browsing history...

OR, If your IE has the cog icon on the Menu bar, click it then highlight Safety and click Delete browsing history...

The Delete Browsing History page will open.
  • Make sure the boxes beside the following are checked:
    • Temporary Internet Files
    • Cookies
    • Cache
  • Remove the check marks from any other boxes unless you want them cleared also.
  • Click the Delete button.

bigtrucks

bigtrucks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Ok I cleared it through the FF tools. It still logged me in automatically and is still running & loading slow. I have history in the same tool bar that will allow me to clear Everything not just for today or a certain time period. Do you want me to do that?Although I have FF as my browser I have Google as my home page. So I presume that is why I didn't have the "down arrow" as you mentioned.

bigtrucks

bigtrucks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Oh Yes. I updated the reader less than a month ago. Along with other updates of Adobe.

godawgs

godawgs

Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 8,228 posts

Yes. Please have the browser clear everything. The reason that FF doesn't show the down arrow and you had to use the Tools button is because you have FF set to show the Menu Bar.

I don't know why the SecurityCheck program shows your Adobe Reader as out of date. The version that it shows is actually higher that what the Adobe site shows as the current version. Just disregard that.

bigtrucks

bigtrucks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Ok. I think it solved the auto log in but we are still lagging on the loading of the windows. I am in the process of removing pics off my lappy. I know it can slow the performance of the desktop/programs but can it slow the loading of the windows/tabs?

CPU usage still goes to1005 but does come down except on facebook. But I've been told that's to be expected.

bigtrucks

bigtrucks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

FYI: When I logged out I got this:

Oops! Something went wrong!
[#2012]

The link you followed to logout appears to be badly formed. Please go back and click the link again.

Need Help?

Advertisements

godawgs

godawgs

Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 8,228 posts

Ok. I think it solved the auto log in but we are still lagging on the loading of the windows. I am in the process of removing pics off my lappy. I know it can slow the performance of the desktop/programs but can it slow the loading of the windows/tabs?
CPU usage still goes to1005 but does come down except on facebook. But I've been told that's to be expected.

That's good news about the log in. Having photos on the computer wouldn't have anything to do with how fast Windows loads. Windows loading slow can be caused by a lot of things. The things we can check in this forum are the programs that load at startup, the system files and the file system on the hard disk.

The CPU usage will spike any time a program is opened and also when you are working in it. If the CPU spikes and stays there when you don't have anything running, that's a problem.

FYI: When I logged out I got this:
Oops! Something went wrong!

[#2012]
The link you followed to logout appears to be badly formed. Please go back and click the link again.
Need Help?

That was most likely a glitch in the board software. We have recently upgraded the board software and the Admin. is tweaking it from time to time. I get those notices from time to time too.

I noticed that Windows Defender is loading at startup. Most antivirus programs turn Windows Defender off when they are installed. AVG is supposed to. Let's turn Windows Defender off and see if that makes a difference.

Turn Windows Defender Off

• Click the Start Orb and click Control Panel
  • On the Control Panel window click the Security link.
  • On the Security page click the Windows Defender link. Windows Defender will open.
  • Click Tools and then click Options
  • Under the Administrator options clear the Use the Windows Defender check box.
  • Click Save
  • Reboot the computer and see if it loads up quicker.

bigtrucks

bigtrucks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

The things we can check in this forum are the programs that load at startup, the system files and the file system on the hard disk.

We may have to do this. when I did what you said for the Window Defender it popped up saying it was turned off and gave the opt to turn it back on, No I didn't turn it back on. Too many securities running at one time on one machine can cause Havoc.(I learned that here). I am pretty sure there are programs running that don't need to be running or that I can activate when I need to use them. I'm just not sure if they would have an ill effect on something else so I don't mess around with that area too much.

godawgs

godawgs

Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 8,228 posts

The popup shows that Windows Defender is off. So AVG did what it was supposed to do when it got installed. But somehow the Run entry in the Registry didn't get removed. The OTL scans still show it. So let's remove it with an OTL fix and see if that makes a difference.

OTL Fix

Please close all open windows and browsers
Be advised that when the fix commences it will shut down all running processes and you may lose the desktop and icons, they will return on reboot

1. Please copy all of the text in the quote box below (Do Not copy the word Quote. To do this, highlight everything
inside the quote box (except the word Quote) , right click and click Copy.

:COMMANDS
[createrestorepoint]

:REG
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"windows Defender"= -

:COMMANDS
[emptytemp]

Warning: This fix is relevant for this system and no other. If you are not this user, DO NOT follow these directions as they could damage the workings of your system.

2. Please re-open otlicon.png on your desktop. To do that:

• Vista and 7 users: Right click the icon and click Run as Administrator

3. Place the mouse pointer inside the customFix.png textbox, right click and click Paste. This will put the above script inside the textbox.
4. Click the runFixbutton.png button.
5. Let the program run unhindered.
6. OTL may ask to reboot the machine. Please do so if asked.
7. Click the btnOK.png button.
8. A report will open. Copy and Paste that report in your next reply.
9. If the machine reboots, the log will be located at C:\_OTL\MovedFiles\mmddyyyy_hhmmss.log, (where mmddyyyy_hhmmss is the date of the tool run).

Things For Your Next Post:
Please post the logs in the order requested. Please don't attach the logs unless I request it.
1. The OTL fixes log
2. Let me know if that helped the startup time.

bigtrucks

bigtrucks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Not really. It took a little longer this time. I had a black screen for at least 1 minute then 40 seconds before it open my pswd page.Took1:46+- to load the dsktp . 1 minute+- for the wheel to stop spinning when loading GTG.

All processes killed
========== COMMANDS ==========
Restore point Set: OTL Restore Point
========== REGISTRY ==========
Registry value HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\\windows Defender deleted successfully.
========== COMMANDS ==========

[EMPTYTEMP]

User: All Users

User: Default
->Temp folder emptied: 0 bytes
->Temporary Internet Files folder emptied: 33170 bytes
->Flash cache emptied: 0 bytes

User: Default User
->Temp folder emptied: 0 bytes
->Temporary Internet Files folder emptied: 0 bytes
->Flash cache emptied: 0 bytes

User: Owner
->Temp folder emptied: 10537130 bytes
->Temporary Internet Files folder emptied: 58312885 bytes
->Java cache emptied: 0 bytes
->FireFox cache emptied: 20979035 bytes
->Flash cache emptied: 3925 bytes

User: Public

%systemdrive% .tmp files removed: 0 bytes
%systemroot% .tmp files removed: 0 bytes
%systemroot%\System32 .tmp files removed: 0 bytes
%systemroot%\System32\drivers .tmp files removed: 0 bytes
Windows Temp folder emptied: 1154311 bytes
%systemroot%\system32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files folder emptied: 0 bytes
RecycleBin emptied: 857216290 bytes

Total Files Cleaned = 904.00 mb

OTL by OldTimer - Version 3.2.69.0 log created on 04142014_115900

Files\Folders moved on Reboot...

PendingFileRenameOperations files...

Registry entries deleted on Reboot...

godawgs

godawgs

Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 8,228 posts

OK. Let's check the hard disk for errors.

Check Hard Disk For Errors:
Please copy everything in the code box below into notepad. To do this highlight all text, then right click and click Copy.

@Echo Off
cmd /c chkdsk c: |find /v "percent" >> "%userprofile%\desktop\checkhd.txt"
del %0
  •   Next, open Notepad, or click Start->Run and in the Open: box type notepad.exe and click OK.
  • Right click in the notepad window and click Paste, or put the cursor inside the notepad window and press the Ctrl-V keys to paste the text into notepad.
  • On the File menu, click Save
  • On the Save AS window that comes up, do the following:
    • On the left side, click the Desktop Icon. This will put "Desktop" in the Save In: box at the top.
    • At the bottom in the File Name: box type testhd.bat
    • In the Save as type: box, click the down arrow and click All Files(*.*)
    • Click Save
    This will put a new file on the Desktop named testhd.bat
    The file icon will look like this:
    xvista_bat_icon.png.pagespeed.ic.bMd09iD

Close all open windows and any open Browsers.
  • Right  click the testhd.bat file on the desktop and click Run As Administrator then OK any UAC prompts to run the file. A command window will open briefly, then close. This is quite normal.
  • When the command window has closed there will be a new file on the desktop named checkhd.txt
  • Copy and paste the contents of the checkhd.txt file in your next reply.