Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Tech room setup

• Please log in to reply

pizzat39

pizzat39

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I could use a little advice. Im trying do configure a setup that runs as smoothly and efficiently as possible with both windows and mac laptops and desktops.

I want to easily switch my monitor from OS to Windows.

What would be the cheapest and best desktops to complete this? Mac mini and similar pc version?

Is there a way to connect a mouse and keyboard to more than one computer and then easily switch between the two?

Didn't know exactly where to post this here but aint no way in [bleep] im going back to Yahoo Answers

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

Can't help with the Mac/PC hardware but you can use a KVMS switch to easily switch your Keyboard, Video, Mouse and Speakers bewteen two system.

An example of what's available from Newegg.com: http://www.newegg.co...Category/ID-143

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts

Hi,

Maybe this can be useful for you...  Synergy is free and open source software for sharing one mouse and keyboard between multiple computers. Works on Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Android and Apple iOS.