Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Looking for a partition manager to do these things...

• Please log in to reply

Plutox

Plutox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Well I pressed Print Screen. This I put in My Docs. and from tinypic I browsed to that file to upload it. Did it fail 'cos this procedure is not right?

I'm not on my laptop now but the D is logical and as this is now detached from the unallocated 7 GB between it and C so is it relevant?

The 7 GB marked as * is logical but can be changed to primary.

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts

It seems ok, you should be able to expand the C: drive to use the 7GB of free space.

Plutox

Plutox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

There's no 'expand' button in EaseUS  I think just resize and merge which don't work as clicking these takes the * partition out of action - perhaps another application can do this - I'll check it out.

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts

There's no 'expand' button in EaseUS  I think just resize and merge which don't work as clicking these takes the * partition out of action - perhaps another application can do this - I'll check it out.

Sorry, to make it clear right click on the C: partition and select Resize/Move... expand the right side of the partition to use the free space.

Plutox

Plutox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Guess what?  After my last post I went to the kitchen, prepared my dinner, sat down and while eating it AND listening to the radio your exact instruction came into my mind!  Telepathy? Er...

Would moving the C encroach into the next door unallocated? Of course it did. 

I won't say I am getting scatterbrained but just more scatterbrained. I apologise for being very dozy and appreciate your patience in persisting in pushing me in the right direction - phew! So all is OK.

Many thanks, again.

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts

Its my telepathy powers hehehe :D

I'm glad that everything is ok now. :thumbsup: