Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Pc crashed and was unable to fix

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 3 posts
My pc crashed afterr a power outage, and was unable to reboot up, was running wiondows xp pro. So, I had to install windows xp home, and since then since I didn't ever unistall anything such as norton sytem works 2004 or anything else, now, I can't reinstall Norton and when I try to manually uninstall it, when I go and try to reinstall it, I insert my keys, but when I get to the antivirus section, it says the installation has failed do I want to retry or cancel. I tried to retry so many times and it never would. So, what can I do? this has never happened to me. I was able to install antivirus Client but I really would like to have Norton Sytem works 2004 back on it. I do also have the sytem works come up, but not with the ghost antivirus or anything elase, just the basic. This is the worst I've ever been. PLEASE help.

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,491 posts
Hi CaJazzman, wlcome to Geeks To Go! <_<

Please run a free online virus scan here:

And a free trojan scan here: