Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FixMBR error message - Non-Standard or Invalid Master Boot Record

MBR

• Please log in to reply

vhende2000

vhende2000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Hi, Ron,

I am slightly confused with your instructions:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Copy the next line:
"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore" -extoff https://www.google.com/
Does it still use up all of the CPU?"

I am not sure what I am supposed to do after I copy the line above.  where do I paste this line?  What action am I supposed to do?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Under services.msc I can change the IPSEC service settings from automatic to manual, I just can not change stopped to start.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Administrators do have full control.

Vernon

Edited by vhende2000, 19 April 2014 - 12:51 AM.

Advertisements

vhende2000

vhende2000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

ALSO,

What are all these errors for user profiles about on one of the scans above?  It is saying that the system is using a temporary profile.  Why would this be true and how do we correct THAT problem.

I'm surprised that my PC is even useable.

Thanks

Vernon

By the way, these profiles above use my middle name, Dale.  My father and I share the same first name, Vernon.  It was my mother's idea. :)

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP
"Copy the next line:
"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore" -extoff https://www.google.com/

Open a Command prompt and then right click and Paste or Edit then Paste and the copied line should appear.  Hit Enter.  IE should open.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP

ALSO Your user profile is stored in a file ntuser.dat.  Which is you are logged in as Owner is stored in C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\  

It's normally a hidden file so in order to see it you may need to:

Double-click on the My Computer icon.

Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
    After the new window appears select the View tab.
    Put a checkmark in the checkbox labeled Display the contents of system folders.
    Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Show hidden files and folders.
    Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide file extensions for known file types.
    Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files.
    Press the Apply button and then the OK button and exit My Computer.

Apparently it thinks some other process is using it.

http://www.techsuppo...-using-file.htm

explains how to use process explorer to find out what process is using it.  If you need Process Explorer get it at

http://live.sysinter...com/procexp.exe

vhende2000

vhende2000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Hi, Ron,

Sorry I've been a bit slow in getting back to you.  I've been working very hard at my job, and I'm very tired.

My file settings are as you suggested above already and I do also have Process Explorer saved onto my desktop from a while ago..

What I don't have is a more intimate understanding of how to use the PE program, especially when it comes to the dragging and dropping of the "gunsight" icon onto a file or folder with the intent to pinpoint the program that is utilizing the iexplore.exe app.

That's where I'm losing it.  Am I supposed to drop the gunsight onto a line of info, ie, iexplore.exe on the screen where all the lines are jumping up and down as processes are being run?  Or does that mean something completely different to what I am visualizing?

The instructions from the referenced PE site seem simple enough, but I'm missing something.

Thanks

Vernon

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP

No problem with delays.  I don't keep track.   Life comes first.

Open Windows Explorer (Right click on the the Start ball and select Open Windows Explorer) and go to the folder where ntuser.dat lives.  Start Process Explorer (Right click and Run As Admin).  Drag the gunsight to ntuser.dat in Windows Explorer  and let go.  It will jump back to Process Explorer with the program that opened the file highlighted.  In my case it's Explorer.exe

vhende2000

vhende2000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Hi,

Yes, I get the same answer, Explorer.exe.  But does that explain why it is eating up so much of the CPU?  And is that normal?  I really have not had this annoying problem until just recently.  My entire Internet Explorer 8 is running slow now since service for WinXP dropped dead.  Can I read anything into that happenstance or not?

The way I have (and always have had) my Internet Explorer set up has been with Yahoo as my home page so that I get another search machine and I get the Yahoo News, Sports, and other stuff right whenever I log on. 

I have looked at Google and Firefox but don't see a way to set it up similarily to what I now have, else I would have tried to use the other browsers more often.  I am not always just using the search page that shows up in both.

Vernon

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP

Windows Explorer is basically the program in charge of your desktop.  Sometimes there will be added extensions that cause problems with it.  The first thing to do is to remove them:

download ShellExView.

Use this download:

Once you get it installed, run it and look in the third or fourth column from the RIGHT. It should say MICROSOFT. Click once or twice on MICROSOFT so that items with NO are at the top.
Select all of the NO items and then click on the red led looking icon in the upper left. This should disable all of the non-microsoft additions to Explorer. Reboot and see if you still get the Explorer eating up the CPU.

The advice I'm hearing is that you should stop using IE now that XP is no longer supported.  IE8 was obsolete years ago anyway.  You should switch to Firefox.  It works more like IE than Chrome.  It's not hard to set the home page to yahoo.com.  Go to https://www.yahoo.com/ and then grab the lock and slide it over to the little house that indicates your home page and let go.  It should ask you if you want this document to be your home page.  Say yes.  To change the search engine you click on the down arrow in the left of the search box and Manage Search Engines.  You should have yahoo as an option which you can set as default.

vhende2000

vhende2000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Hi, Ron,

Yeah, it still runs full bore whenever I click on almost anything.  I can even sit still, not typing anything, and it will just start running away for no apparent reason.  Nothing else under processes does this.

I did get Yahoo.com set as my Firefox home page. 

However, I must have clicked on something so now the google search bar hides at the very top of the screen and only comes back whenever the cursor is moved up to the top edge. 

How do I reset it so the search window is always showing at the top of the screen?

My computer runtime is very quiet right now with Firefox running.  I'll play with it for a while and if my wife gets used to it I'll drop IE8.

So back to troubleshooting some of my other problems that you don't know about yet.

I guess we can safely forget about the MBR "problem"? 

Why, if what I have is the norm about Gateway computers, why can't I find anything on the Internet just saying that's the way it is? 

I can't possibly be the 'only' person to have come across this situation with the MBR error message about it being non-standard or invalid.

It would certainly save a lot of people a lot of grief when they see this warning message pop up if there was a reference to that situation on the Internet.  I certainly did not find anything helpful.

Vernon

Edited by vhende2000, 23 April 2014 - 12:32 AM.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP

Are you talking about Windows Explorer or Internet Explorer?

For the search box try:

Right click on a blank spot on the top of Firefox and select Customize then Restore Default Set.  See if that helps.

Advertisements

vhende2000

vhende2000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Hi, Ron,

As far as the runaway iexplore.exe problem, I was referring to Internet Explorer 8.  I actually do not use Start/Explore very much.  If I need to look up a folder or something, I just left click My Computer and go from there to C:/ drive, etc.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got the default setting back for Firefox, thanks.  It looks OK.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to the MBR "problem", do I just ignore the Invalid/Non-standard thing?  Would there be some more "Gateway" surprises I might run into?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do have a number of other problems, for example, I used to have a couple of Family Tree Maker programs which I used about 6 years ago which I wanted to update with new info now that I have more time to devote to researching. 

I have had a problem reloading my saved family history data files that used to work just fine but now do not.  I had been working with the support group at Ancestry.com but have found that they have not resolved my load problems with the files.

One immediate problem is that they had suggested that I uninstall and then reinstall one of my programs (an older program) to try and get it to work as it did before.  The Catch-22 is that it will not reinstall now (of course).  They assure me that it should install and run just fine, even though it does not have all the newer bells and whisles.

Neither will another program that they had me to download and then use to "fix" my files to work on their newer programs.  Both of these programs present with the same error message and I can not find anything on this problem to remedy the installation failure.   Ancestry.com is as baffled as I am.

I'm not sure you can help with this sort of thing, or would I just open a different thread connected with this particular problem?

I have no idea if it is because of an undiscovered virus or bug or something completely different such as a settings problem.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another type of the odd problems that I have been dealing with concerns trying to boot from a newly created Hiren's BootCD (v15.2) or a BitDefender Rescue CD that I also had downloaded and burned onto 700MB CD-RW disks.  Neither one works correctly even after I verified the image was copied cleanly.

The CDs load and start to open and then crash whenever I try to do anything with them. 

I had wanted to have some tools available in case I have problems with my XP system until I can get something better.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another thing I have to deal with is this damned editor for the site. 

It keeps "freezing" up,  if I use bold, underline, or whatever, it just ignores me or the cursor jumps to a completely different section of the post, it's like it has a mind of it's own. 

Sometimes it will not let me save the text when I am ready to post.

I end up copying the text to notepad, logging completely off, logging back in and trying to repaste the text to the editor again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And my main frustrations are from running all kinds of antimalware and coming up 'clean' but with some not so obvious "deep" problems left over that none of my programs catch.

Any suggestions?

Vernon

Edited by vhende2000, 23 April 2014 - 11:47 PM.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP

As far as the runaway iexplore.exe problem, I was referring to Internet Explorer 8.  I actually do not use Start/Explore very much.  If I need to look up a folder or something, I just left click My Computer and go from there to C:/ drive, etc.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To rest IE8 follow the instructions on:

http://malwaretips.c...lorer-settings/

If that doesn't help there is a reinstall option but I will have to look for it.

Back to the MBR "problem", do I just ignore the Invalid/Non-standard thing?  Would there be some more "Gateway" surprises I might run into?

It's normal so just ignore it.

I do have a number of other problems, for example, I used to have a couple of Family Tree Maker programs which I used about 6 years ago which I wanted to update with new info now that I have more time to devote to researching. 

I have had a problem reloading my saved family history data files that used to work just fine but now do not.  I had been working with the support group at Ancestry.com but have found that they have not resolved my load problems with the files.

One immediate problem is that they had suggested that I uninstall and then reinstall one of my programs (an older program) to try and get it to work as it did before.  The Catch-22 is that it will not reinstall now (of course).  They assure me that it should install and run just fine, even though it does not have all the newer bells and whisles.

Can you attach one of the programs you are trying to read?

Are there any error messages in the Application event log (Run VEW to see the logs)  after you try to install?  What exactly happens?

Neither will another program that they had me to download and then use to "fix" my files to work on their newer programs.  Both of these programs present with the same error message and I can not find anything on this problem to remedy the installation failure.   Ancestry.com is as baffled as I am.

I'm not sure you can help with this sort of thing, or would I just open a different thread connected with this particular problem?

I have no idea if it is because of an undiscovered virus or bug or something completely different such as a settings problem.

I'll give it a try.

Another type of the odd problems that I have been dealing with concerns trying to boot from a newly created Hiren's BootCD (v15.2) or a BitDefender Rescue CD that I also had downloaded and burned onto 700MB CD-RW disks.  Neither one works correctly even after I verified the image was copied cleanly.

The CDs load and start to open and then crash whenever I try to do anything with them. 

I had wanted to have some tools available in case I have problems with my XP system until I can get something better.

The problem is usually that you just copied the file onto the CD.  You have to burn it as an ISO.  Try this:

Get Hiren's:

http://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/
This a BIG! Zip File so save it.  Then right click on it and Extract all.  Put a blank CD in the drive and then double click on BurnToCD.cmd. 

Normally you have to go into the BIOS/CMOS setup and change the boot order so that it tries to read the CD/DVD first and then the hard drive.  Then reboot with the CD in the drive.  Usually there is a prompt, Press any key to read from CD.

Another thing I have to deal with is this damned editor for the site. 

It keeps "freezing" up,  if I use bold, underline, or whatever, it just ignores me or the cursor jumps to a completely different section of the post, it's like it has a mind of it's own. 

Sometimes it will not let me save the text when I am ready to post.

I end up copying the text to notepad, logging completely off, logging back in and trying to repaste the text to the editor again.

The forum has a limit of 20,000 characters but it is not real good about telling you when you have too many.  It just hangs.  When you are typing it uses the Internet so let's look at your connection:

Go to http://www.speedtest.net/ and click on Begin Test

When the Test finishes click on Share This Result and then select Forum then Copy then move to a reply and Ctrl + v

Then let's look at your errors:

Copy the next 2 lines then open a command prompt and right click and paste or edit then paste and the copied lines should appear.  Hit enter if notepad does not open.  Copy and paste the text from notepad into a reply.

netstat -es > \junk.txt

notepad \junk.txt

And my main frustrations are from running all kinds of antimalware and coming up 'clean' but with some not so obvious "deep" problems left over that none of my programs catch.

Usually this indicates the problem is not malware but system damage (which may have been caused by malware or by a stupid anti-malware program removing the malware incorrectly.)

vhende2000

vhende2000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Hi, Ron,

I have definately, fairly recently, reset IE8.  I'm trying to remember whether I had actually reinstalled it.  I'm leaning towards yes I did, but I'm not 100% positive.

These runaway problems have been after I had reset it.  I don't know if there is anything to read into that or not.

I did remake the Hiren's BootCD with the burn program you suggested.  It seems to work OK, now.  I had used ImgBurn and I definately used the .iso file that I had downloaded from one of the big download sites and burned and verified it and then went back and reverified it (checked it against the .iso file).  It checked 100%.  So I'm not sure what's going on there. 

I did try to verify my 'old' disk image against the downloaded image from your suggested site and it failed.  Go figure.

AS far as the Family Tree Maker programs, I am refering to FTM 2005 and FTM 2008, both loaded by disk.  And the downloaded program is FTM 2005 SE (Starter Edition). 

I am not sure what you mean by "Can you attach one of the programs you are trying to read?"   Are you refering to the entire program, or just the name?

In the Family Tree Maker program series the 2008 version (and beyound to 2014) marks a turning point for the series.  All the previous versions data files will not work directly on a 2008 and above program without being "converted" to the newer format.  People do it all the time without any problems.  They have a huge user base.  You can use more than one program side by side with out any problems.

And the Family Tree Maker programs have been owned by a long list of companies leading up to Ancestry.com (after an upgrade and company name change).

The FTM 2005 SE edition has the built in capability to convert all the previous version data files to the new format.  

It has a 14 day use period. 

It will convert many different older file types to the corrent one for use on 2008 and later versions. 

Most people (like me) have a HUGE data file and, of course, no one wants to lose their data after so much research has been put into it.

Both the FTM CD loaded 2005 version and the downloaded 2005 SE version came up with the same error message upon install and crashed.

The error message is as below:

"An installation support file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp\{B136E4A4-7660-4f15-9752-EF8E6BA7866D}\_IsUser.dll' could not be installed.  Access is denied".

The install wizard tries to run, gets part way through and then quits.

Note:  I will try to reinstall and then rerun VEW again and post back but not at this time.

I have an open Support Forum post on Microsoft Community for this problem with no responses at all.

And I have talked myself silly on Ancestry.com. 

I have even copied, zipped, and sent my files to them for their department to "convert" and send back, but I haven't heard from them yet.

I'm going to have to send another "Is there anybody out there?" message and see if anyone is alive and kicking.

Speed Test:

3464832062.png

3.55Mbps download / 0.92Mbps upload.

------------------------------------

Errors

Interface Statistics

Received            Sent

Bytes                      27605316        17247963
Unicast packets               34893           31833
Non-unicast packets             176             181
Discards                          0               0
Errors                            0               0
Unknown protocols              1932

IPv4 Statistics

Packets Received                   = 35030
  Received Header Errors             = 0
  Received Address Errors            = 201
  Datagrams Forwarded                = 0
  Unknown Protocols Received         = 0
  Received Packets Discarded         = 47
  Received Packets Delivered         = 34983
  Output Requests                    = 32369
  Routing Discards                   = 0
  Discarded Output Packets           = 0
  Output Packet No Route             = 0
  Reassembly Required                = 0
  Reassembly Successful              = 0
  Reassembly Failures                = 0
  Datagrams Successfully Fragmented  = 0
  Datagrams Failing Fragmentation    = 0
  Fragments Created                  = 0

IPv6 Statistics

Packets Received                   = 0
  Received Header Errors             = 0
  Received Address Errors            = 0
  Datagrams Forwarded                = 0
  Unknown Protocols Received         = 0
  Received Packets Discarded         = 0
  Received Packets Delivered         = 0
  Output Requests                    = 0
  Routing Discards                   = 0
  Discarded Output Packets           = 0
  Output Packet No Route             = 0
  Reassembly Required                = 0
  Reassembly Successful              = 0
  Reassembly Failures                = 0
  Datagrams Successfully Fragmented  = 0
  Datagrams Failing Fragmentation    = 0
  Fragments Created                  = 0

ICMPv4 Statistics

Received    Sent
  Messages                  0           0        
  Errors                    0           0        
  Destination Unreachable   0           0        
  Time Exceeded             0           0        
  Parameter Problems        0           0        
  Source Quenches           0           0        
  Redirects                 0           0        
  Echos                     0           0        
  Echo Replies              0           0        
  Timestamps                0           0        
  Timestamp Replies         0           0        
  Address Masks             0           0        
  Address Mask Replies      0           0        

ICMPv6 Statistics

Received    Sent
  Messages                  0           0        
  Errors                    0           0        

TCP Statistics for IPv4

Active Opens                        = 617
  Passive Opens                       = 254
  Failed Connection Attempts          = 3
  Reset Connections                   = 493
  Current Connections                 = 13
  Segments Received                   = 32750
  Segments Sent                       = 28252
  Segments Retransmitted              = 1890

TCP Statistics for IPv6

Active Opens                        = 0
  Passive Opens                       = 0
  Failed Connection Attempts          = 0
  Reset Connections                   = 0
  Current Connections                 = 0
  Segments Received                   = 0
  Segments Sent                       = 0
  Segments Retransmitted              = 0

UDP Statistics for IPv4

Datagrams Received    = 2092
  No Ports              = 141
  Receive Errors        = 0
  Datagrams Sent        = 2051

UDP Statistics for IPv6

Datagrams Received    = 0
  No Ports              = 0
  Receive Errors        = 0
  Datagrams Sent        = 0

I'll get back to you with the other stuff.

Vernon

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP
"An installation support file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp\{B136E4A4-7660-4f15-9752-EF8E6BA7866D}\_IsUser.dll' could not be installed.  Access is denied".

Sometimes the permissions in the temp folders get messed up.  Have you looked to see if the file exists and if so what permissions are on it?

Please download GrantPerms.zip 
and save it to your desktop.
Unzip the file and depending on the system run GrantPerms.exe or GrantPerms64.exe
Copy and paste the following in the edit box:

"C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp\{B136E4A4-7660-4f15-9752-EF8E6BA7866D}\_IsUser.dll"

Click Unlock. When it is done click "OK".
Click List Permissions and post the result (Perms.txt) that pops up. A copy of Perms.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run. 

I was talking about attaching one of your data files.  How big are they anyway?  I don't suppose they are in gedcom format?

vhende2000

vhende2000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Hi, Ron,

First I want to take care of anything I did not supply you on the previous post.  If I missed anything just let me know and I'll get right back to you.

VEW - System

Vino's Event Viewer v01c run on Windows XP in English
Report run at 28/04/2014 4:55:58 PM

Note: All dates below are in the format dd/mm/yyyy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
'System' Log - error Type
Log: 'System' Date/Time: 28/04/2014 12:20:54 PM
Type: error Category: 0
Event: 7001 Source: Service Control Manager
The Universal Plug and Play Device Host service depends on the SSDP Discovery Service service which failed to start because of the following error:  The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. 

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 28/04/2014 11:05:41 AM
The Universal Plug and Play Device Host service depends on the SSDP Discovery Service service which failed to start because of the following error:  The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. 

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 28/04/2014 8:44:47 AM

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 27/04/2014 12:13:27 PM

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 27/04/2014 9:21:08 AM
Event: 10010 Source: DCOM
The server {4EB61BAC-A3B6-4760-9581-655041EF4D69} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 27/04/2014 9:20:18 AM

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 26/04/2014 11:49:42 PM

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 26/04/2014 2:50:21 PM
Event: 7000 Source: Service Control Manager
The IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service service failed to start due to the following error:  The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion. 

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 26/04/2014 2:50:21 PM
Event: 7009 Source: Service Control Manager
Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service service to connect.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 26/04/2014 2:49:23 PM

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 26/04/2014 6:42:18 AM

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 25/04/2014 11:44:14 PM

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 25/04/2014 9:58:02 PM

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 25/04/2014 2:53:30 PM

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 25/04/2014 5:08:45 AM

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 24/04/2014 8:45:24 PM

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 24/04/2014 5:57:11 PM

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 24/04/2014 1:01:46 AM

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 23/04/2014 10:15:24 PM
Event: 7011 Source: Service Control Manager
Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for a transaction response from the Netman service.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 23/04/2014 2:23:52 PM
Event: 7000 Source: Service Control Manager
The Google Update Service (gupdate) service failed to start due to the following error:  The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion. 

'System' Log - warning Type
Log: 'System' Date/Time: 28/04/2014 3:58:52 PM
Type: warning Category: 0
Event: 1003 Source: Dhcp
Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0011506F8ED1.  The following error occurred:  The operation was canceled by the user. . Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 28/04/2014 3:58:52 PM
Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0011506F8ED1.  The following error occurred:  The operation was canceled by the user. . Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 27/04/2014 11:03:51 PM

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 27/04/2014 11:03:51 PM

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 26/04/2014 9:42:08 PM

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 26/04/2014 9:42:08 PM

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 26/04/2014 7:26:47 PM

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 26/04/2014 7:26:47 PM

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 26/04/2014 9:32:55 AM

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 26/04/2014 9:32:55 AM

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 26/04/2014 8:30:08 AM

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 26/04/2014 8:30:04 AM

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 25/04/2014 8:08:07 PM

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 25/04/2014 8:08:07 PM

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 25/04/2014 7:12:18 PM

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 25/04/2014 7:12:18 PM

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 25/04/2014 3:53:01 PM

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 25/04/2014 3:53:01 PM

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 25/04/2014 5:08:44 AM

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 24/04/2014 5:57:08 PM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

VEW - Application

Vino's Event Viewer v01c run on Windows XP in English
Report run at 28/04/2014 4:52:42 PM

Note: All dates below are in the format dd/mm/yyyy

'Application' Log - error Type
Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 25/04/2014 10:19:24 PM
Event: 1001 Source: Application Hang
Fault bucket 734037209.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 25/04/2014 10:19:22 PM
Fault bucket 734037209.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 25/04/2014 10:19:17 PM
Type: error Category: 101
Event: 1002 Source: Application Hang
Hanging application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2900.5512, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 25/04/2014 10:19:17 PM
Hanging application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2900.5512, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 25/04/2014 9:54:29 PM
Fault bucket 734037209.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 25/04/2014 9:54:21 PM

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 25/04/2014 9:42:56 PM
Fault bucket 734037209.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 25/04/2014 9:42:47 PM

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 25/04/2014 9:37:20 PM
Fault bucket 734037209.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 25/04/2014 9:37:15 PM

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 25/04/2014 9:34:18 PM
Fault bucket 734037209.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 25/04/2014 9:34:10 PM

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 23/04/2014 2:27:30 PM
Fault bucket 1180947459.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 23/04/2014 2:26:14 PM
Hanging application iexplore.exe, version 8.0.6001.18702, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 19/04/2014 11:59:30 AM
Fault bucket 1180947459.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 19/04/2014 11:59:22 AM
Hanging application iexplore.exe, version 8.0.6001.18702, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 18/04/2014 10:06:35 PM
Fault bucket 1180947459.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 18/04/2014 10:06:30 PM

'Application' Log - warning Type
Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 25/04/2014 4:02:13 AM
Event: 1517 Source: Userenv
Windows saved user DALE-CB294F83A9\Owner registry while an application or service was still using the registry during log off. The memory used by the user's registry has not been freed. The registry will be unloaded when it is no longer in use.    This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService account.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 22/04/2014 1:04:22 AM
Windows saved user DALE-CB294F83A9\Owner registry while an application or service was still using the registry during log off. The memory used by the user's registry has not been freed. The registry will be unloaded when it is no longer in use.    This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService account.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 21/04/2014 12:48:31 AM

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 18/04/2014 6:04:45 PM
Event: 1015 Source: EvntAgnt
TraceLevel parameter not located in registry; Default trace level used is 32.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 18/04/2014 6:04:45 PM
Event: 1003 Source: EvntAgnt
TraceFileName parameter not located in registry; Default trace file used is .

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 18/04/2014 3:19:22 PM
Event: 1015 Source: EvntAgnt
TraceLevel parameter not located in registry; Default trace level used is 32.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 18/04/2014 3:19:22 PM
Event: 1003 Source: EvntAgnt
TraceFileName parameter not located in registry; Default trace file used is .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GrantPerms

GrantPerms by Farbar
Ran by Owner (administrator) at 2014-04-28 12:09:27

===============================================
\\?\C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp\{B136E4A4-7660-4f15-9752-EF8E6BA7866D}\_IsUser.dll

Owner: BUILTIN\Administrators

DACL(NP)(AI):
            BUILTIN\Administrators   FULL   ALLOW   (I)
   NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM   FULL   ALLOW   (I)
   BUILTIN\Users   READ/EXECUTE   ALLOW   (I)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have been under a bit of stress lately and I think it might be affecting my logical thinking and troubleshooting abilities.

So I am not sure if my approach to this problem has been correct.

I routinely use CCleaner to clean up the temp files and folders on the PC, and I had noticed that the Temp\{B136E4A4-7660-4f15-9752-EF8E6BA7866D}\_IsUser.dll folder and file was not there until after I attempted to run either the FTM 2005 CD install or the FTM 2005 SE download install program. 

I ran the permisssions routine above and then retried both but neither would load and both produced the same error message again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On another note, I was already considering completely doing away with Internet Explorer and only using Firefox and have now heard that there is yet a new problem with IE plastered all over the news.

Is there an easy way to transfer all my favorites URLs and settings, etc., over to Firefox?  If so, then I will just go ahead and get rid of it tonight.

Thanks

Vernon

Edited by vhende2000, 28 April 2014 - 05:57 PM.