Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Drive mis-idetification

SCSI SATA Device manager

• Please log in to reply

UriB

UriB

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

I have a computer with WIN7 Ultimate 64bits.

I have a SSD as drive C: for the OP. SYS. and APPs and HDD as drive D: for data

Both drives are SATA3 yet in device manager they appear as SCSI drives.  I tried to uninstall, delete and anything else I can think of to do in device manager, but when I boot the computer they are again identified by Windows as SCSI drives.  What can I do?

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

Did it come with Win 7 Ultimate or did you install it yourself?

Did you install the Chipset driver for the computer or motherboard?

What is the make and full  model number please?

UriB

UriB

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

This is a computer I built myself.  I use Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H motherboard with 16GB of memory.  My C: drive is Samsung 840 Pro Series MZ-7PD256BW SSD and D: drive is Seagate Barracuda EP  STBD3000100 HDD.  As far as I can tell I installed all drivers (ran Gigabye installation disc). The drives are connected to SATA3 channel 0 and 1 so they are controlled byt the Z87 chipset and not by the Marvell chip (this controlls channel 6 & 7)

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

Here is another thread with the same problem, seems to be normal for some SATA controllers:

http://www.sevenforu...ly-baffled.html