Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Samsung MP0804H USB HDD Driver Installation

• Please log in to reply

Anibal

Anibal

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,

I would appreciate help in a USB HDD installation, please.

I recently purchased an 80GB USB Samsung HDD [model no: mp0804h]

I have tried to install the HDD under Windows 2000 using the normal plug and play Wizard to load the drivers that came with it which are supposed to be recognized by Windows 2000, but seemingly to no avail.

The following are the error messages given by the Found New Hardware Wizard:
An error occurred during the installation of this device.
The installation failed because a Function Driver was not especified for this Device Instance.

Checking the Device Manager I found an error flag on a USB Device and, on the USB Device Properties, the following Device Status:
The drivers for this device are not installed (code28)
To reinstall the drivers for this device, click reinstall driver.

I did several times the reinstallation but it only brings me back to the first error situation given by the new hardware wizard, not going anywhere.

Anyone that might be able to help me, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Anibal
:tazz:

Advertisements

bobthemailman

bobthemailman

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
are you sure that is the right model # because i went to samsung.com and i got a discontinued laptop HD :tazz:

Anibal

Anibal

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
The model is correct. It may be discontinued by Samsung now but there are still several sites selling it. Anyway, even if discontinued it should work under Windows 2000 as it worked under Windows 98.

Thanks,

Any new inputs on this problem, please?

Regards
Anibal

bobthemailman

bobthemailman

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
i got a discontinued LAPTOP HD not a USB drive so thats what bothering me :tazz: