Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blutooth loses ability to connect to paired device and has to re-pair

bluetooth android car steroes

• Please log in to reply

jasekiw

jasekiw

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I have a stereo in my car that I connect to via Bluetooth. It is a pioneer DEH-6400BT. I have a Galaxy S4 model: l720. I know a fix for it is to delete the device and re-pair it but I was wondering what exactly might be happening that causes this. I was just thinking to myself today and this popped into my head. I am quite the curious fellow and really wanted a reason this might happen for most devices, not necessarily mine. I hope someone is knowledgeable enough that knows why this might happen with devices. I know this is a very vague questions but I was hoping their might be a list of things that could go wrong.

Thank you for listening to my question,
Jason

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

Hi Jason, welcome to Geeks to Go! :D

I'm not sure if it's the answer you're looking for, but earlier version Bluetooth just weren't very stable. I think they finally got it right in version 4.0. I'm guessing your car radio is likely Bluetooth 3.0. Looks like there is a firmware update available, but they don't offer much in the way of a changelog: http://www.pioneer.e...ml#download_310