Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Wireless Connection Problems

• Please log in to reply

ralgonzo

ralgonzo

• PipPip
  • 85 posts

Hi.

I have never had any sort of wireless connection problems up till now. At the moment I am connected to the internet via Ethernet wire. I need to ask these questions and explain what I am going thru so that someone here may be able to help. Please be kind to me as I'm very new to posting here on the forums.

First of all I am running a Windows 7 Home, 64 bit computer. My problems at hand is on Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections there is a big red X that show's my wireless connection disconnected, but my computer is recognizing my wireless adapter, but NO internet access. My wireless adapter works on another computer here at home just fine since I just tried it on the other computer before I came here to the forums. That particular computer is a Windows 7 64 bit as well.  Also what I find strange, weird is on Control Panel\Network and Internet\Manage Wireless Networks, there is nothing to click/select on. :no: Two other things to mention are. When I go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network and Sharing Center and select setup a new connection or Network, I get the following message that reads An Unexpected Error Has Occurred :upset: Lastly my Wireless adapter that works great with the other computer but not with my computer is called Bolse 300Mbps Wireless USB Adapter. With the adapter plugged in to my computer I get the following message: Real Tek USB Wireless Lan Is Disconnected.

I have tried virus scans, with Kaspersky, Super Anti Spyware, CCleaner, and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. All of these softwares did not seem to help in resolving my problem at hand. Do I have a stubborn virus that's hard to get rid of? Did I accidently delete something I should have not deleted? I don't think I accidently did something wrong. I got nothing against using a Ethernet wired to be connected online, but I'd prefer to remain connected via wireless/adapter.  But if any mistake at my end turns out to be the case I hope to get this fixed soon.

Any kind of help is welcomed and would be greatly be appreciated.

Take care :yes:

Ralgonzo

Advertisements

ralgonzo

ralgonzo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

I have a follow up to my problem that I'm experiencing of my wireless network connection problems....

I noticed I had gotten this message after I have tried to continue trouble shooting my problem. The message reads: Issues found: There might be a problem with the driver for the Wireless Network Connection 3 adapter. Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter.

Further more, here is a Troubleshooting Report:

Diagnostics Information (Network Adapter)

Network adapter Wireless Network Connection 3 driver Information:

Detection Details

Diagnostics Information (Network Adapter)

Details about network adapter diagnosis: 

Network adapter Wireless Network Connection 3 driver information:

Description . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8192CU Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter
   Manufacturer  . . . . . . . . . : Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
   Provider  . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
   Version   . . . . . . . . . . . : 1021.3.912.2012
   Inf File Name . . . . . . . . . : C:\Windows\INF\oem29.inf
   Inf File Date . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, November 07, 2012  8:34:44 PM
   Section Name  . . . . . . . . . : RTL8192cu.ndi
   Hardware ID . . . . . . . . . . : usb\vid_0bda&pid_8178
   Instance Status Flags . . . . . : 0x180600a
   Device Manager Status Code  . . : 0
   IfType  . . . . . . . . . . . . : 71
   Physical Media Type . . . . . . : 9

My wireless adapter works fine and perfectly with the other computer in the house. It's just with my computer, my computer knows there's an adapter but I keep getting the message above that I have posted here.

I do hope that this will give some insight to someone that may be able to shed some light in this troubling situation I am having with my wireless connection/network.

ralgonzo :geek:

Edited by ralgonzo, 11 April 2014 - 03:28 AM.

Trevorever

Trevorever

• PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Was this wireless adapter working on this computer previously? The driver may have gotten corrupted somehow. Click on the start menu, then type in Device Manager. When in device manager expand the Network Adapters section, right click the Realtek Wireless driver and click uninstall. Remove the wireless adapter immediately and reboot your computer. After the computer reboots, plug in the adapter and leave it for a while for the driver to install.

If this does not work we may have to take oter methods to remove the driver and possibly other drivers too.

ralgonzo

ralgonzo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Was this wireless adapter working on this computer previously? The driver may have gotten corrupted somehow. Click on the start menu, then type in Device Manager. When in device manager expand the Network Adapters section, right click the Realtek Wireless driver and click uninstall. Remove the wireless adapter immediately and reboot your computer. After the computer reboots, plug in the adapter and leave it for a while for the driver to install.

If this does not work we may have to take oter methods to remove the driver and possibly other drivers too.

Hi Trevorever,

Thanks for replying back. The wireless adapter I have, I had just bought recently. It was working with the other computer here at home, but previously to this particular adapter I was using an older adapter that had gone out on me after I had restarted my computer. The older wireless adapter that I'm not using is known as Belkin N300 Wireless  USB Adapter.

I'll go ahead and follow your instructions and see what happens, and come back and let you know the results.

ralgonzo

ralgonzo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Trevorever,

I followed your instructions on uninstalling the wireless adapter driver over at the Device Manager section and restarting the computer along with installing the adapter afterwards, and I must say I was not successful in my efforts to get back my wireless connection going. I look forward to hearing from you in what other methods we can try to resolve my wireless connection problems. Take care. 

Ralgonzo

Trevorever

Trevorever

• PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

The device install itself when you plug it in, correct?

Ok, we are going to try any blow away and wireless driver your computer currently has. Remove the usb wireless adapter. Go to uninstall programs in your control panel and uninstall any program referencing your old Belkin adapter or your new Bolse one. Now download RAPR and transfer it to your computer using a USB stick. Extract the folder and open the program by right clicking and selecting the Run as Administrator option. When it loads up, click the Enumerate button on the right. Select all the items in the INF column that say Network Adapters in the Driver Class Column. Then select delete package. If something refuses to be deleted select the Force deletion option and try again. Reboot your computer, plug in the device, let it install then test it out.

If that does not work download the Tweaking.com tool and transfer it to you computer using a USB stick. Install  the program then run. Also, disable your anti-virus program. Click on the Step 3 tab on the top and click Do It. After the System File Check finishes click next and click Create for both System Restore and Registry Backup. When done, click Next then Start. On the left uncheck #17 Repair CD/DVD. On the Bottom right check Restart/Shutdown and Select Restart.  When it finishes and restarts, check to see the adapter now works.

ralgonzo

ralgonzo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

The device install itself when you plug it in, correct?

Yes that is correct.

I'll come back and let you know the results.....

ralgonzo

ralgonzo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Trevorever,

I'm not very computer smart and I needed to ask you.... Am I supposed to uninstall Realtek High Definition Audio Driver from the Programs and Features section? I ask because I Uninstalled the Wireless Adapter of Bolse called Realtek Wireless LAN Driver and Utility. Both of these installments have the same name of Realtek and both are from the same Publisher. That's why I'm wondering if I should delete that particular one.. 

I followed your instructions on using RAPR, and Tweaking.com. Both of these options you gave me unfortunately did not work as I still can not get online wirelessly, but only wired via Ethernet cable wire.

It's weird. I thought for sure I would have this issue resolved, but it's obviously not the case. If I need to uninstall Realtek High Definition Audio Driver, I'll try these methods you gave me again. If not let me know what other steps I can take to try to resolve my current issue. 

I appreciate your help and look forward in hearing from you again soon. :spoton:

Ralgonzo

Trevorever

Trevorever

• PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Nope, no need to uninstall that one. Did you have your ethernet cable plugged in when you inserted the usb adapter for it to install? If so, uninstall the program again, and uninstall the drivers using RAPR, restart, and reinstall the adapter without being connected to the internet.

If you already did it that way, then it sounds like I need to go back to the drawing board...

On the computer that it works with, can you go into Device Manager, right click on the adapter, go to properties, click the driver tab, and tell me what it says for Driver Provider, Driver Date, and Driver Version?

ralgonzo

ralgonzo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Did you have your ethernet cable plugged in when you inserted the usb adapter for it to install?

Yes, I do believe the Ethernet cable was plugged in I was installing the adapter. I'll go ahead and try again with out the wire plugged in and see what happens. I'll come back online and let you know the results and also provide you the information you need of the other computer and it's Device Manager Properties. :yes:

Ralgonzo

Advertisements

ralgonzo

ralgonzo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Trevorever,

I went ahead and used RAPR to uninstall again this time without the Ethernet cable plugged in. I restarted and reinstalled the adapter with no success also with the Ethernet wire unplugged.

However here is the following information you have asked for from the other computer that works good with the wireless adapter.

From the Device Manager of the other computer:

Driver Provider: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.

Driver Date: 9-12-2012

Driver Version: 1021.3.912.2012

I hope this information helps. Look forward from hearing from you. :D

Ralgonzo

Trevorever

Trevorever

• PipPipPip
  • 358 posts
Hmm, can you create a new user account and see if it works there?

ralgonzo

ralgonzo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Hmm, can you create a new user account and see if it works there?

Yeah. I can create a new user account over at the other computer. But as far as the wireless adapter working over there(other computer)... it works, and I can go online wirelessly there, unlike with my computer which of course is plugged in thru Ethernet.. But I will let you know when I have made an new account at the other computer. Until then, I appreciate your efforts in helping me out. I'll get back to you soon. Take care.....

Ralgonzo :spoton:

Edited by ralgonzo, 13 April 2014 - 02:27 AM.

Trevorever

Trevorever

• PipPipPip
  • 358 posts
Sorry, that is what I meant, create a new user account on the one where the adapter is not working.

gonzoral26

gonzoral26

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Sorry, that is what I meant, create a new user account on the one where the adapter is not working.

Trevorever,

This is ralgonzo, now with a different screen name/ account gonzoral26, and I'm coming to you from my computer where my wireless adapter does not work. I am able to go online via Ethernet cable right now. Incase you need my information to my computer again...they are as follow: Windows 7 Home, 64bit Operating System.