Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Wireless Connection Problems

• Please log in to reply

ralgonzo

ralgonzo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Can you uninstall the software, and uninstall any drivers from Device manager. Then remove the wireless drivers from the driver store using RAPR. Download the driver here. Disable the Kaspersky firewall (windows firewall should also be disabled). Remove the ethernet cable. Then reboot into safe mode, install the driver, reboot into safe mode again, then plug in the usb adapter.

Trevorever,

How you doing?

Well, wish I could tell you that the problem with my wireless adapter is solved. But unfortunately it is not. I followed your instructions above and the results turned out to be the same like if I where installing with the software disc. After I have rebooted back into safe mode the 2nd time around like you said I had noticed in Device Manager something called Network Controller not installed. Well, I ended up installing that when I rebooted windows normally and via online. It so happened that the Network Controller turned out to be Realtek RTL8190 802.11n Wireless LAN (Mini-)PCI

In Device Manager/Network Adapters, what I did not uninstall and correct me if I should have or not are Marvell Yukon 88E8071 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller, and Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter.  Those two I left alone. The others with the RealTek names I uninstalled.(just thought you like to know). In RAPR I deleted all the drivers that had the name Network Adapters.(2 of them that is). Was it just those with the name Network Adapters I just should have deleted? Or where there other drivers too, that I might have missed?

The USB Wireless Adapter in Device Manager is being recognized however it still reads Not Connected in Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections of my computer. Every part of the installation went fine with no problems what so ever. However it's still like there's something blocking an connection wirelessly. That's what I think, that maybe there is some sort of blockish beyond my thoughts/of what I can think of.

Either way. Thank you for the link/drivers you have provided me. I was hoping this time we had nailed this problem of a sucker. But not to be yet again. I hope to hear from you again soon and see how we can tackle this issue once again. :D  

Ralgonzo

Edited by ralgonzo, 01 May 2014 - 10:43 PM.

Advertisements

Trevorever

Trevorever

• PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

In Device Manager/Network Adapters, what I did not uninstall and correct me if I should have or not are Marvell Yukon 88E8071 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller, and Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter.  Those two I left alone. The others with the RealTek names I uninstalled.(just thought you like to know). In RAPR I deleted all the drivers that had the name Network Adapters.(2 of them that is). Was it just those with the name Network Adapters I just should have deleted? Or where there other drivers too, that I might have missed?

It sounds like you did that right.

Can you completely uninstall Kaspersky then follow my last intructions again? This time, instead of using the downloaded installer, plug in the usb device. If you get the error message again, take a screenshot, then try the the downloaded driver installer.

ralgonzo

ralgonzo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Can you completely uninstall Kaspersky then follow my last intructions again? This time, instead of using the downloaded installer, plug in the usb device. If you get the error message again, take a screenshot, then try the the downloaded driver installer.

Trevorever,

Sorry it took me a long time to get back to you. I have completely uninstalled Kaspersky.(the whole thing) I have followed your last instructions again and the results are the same. No change has happened.

However with that being said, I have taken some pictures that you may be interested in of my computer and the error messages I have gotten.

Below are screenshots of my wireless adapter errors. These pictures are results from after plugging in my USB Adapter first. When I used the downloaded software to install, everything installed, however the end results are from the last two pictures I have attached here. The 1st, 2nd and 3rd pictures are from Safe Mode and when I tried the USB Plug first. The last two pictures are from normal Windows mode, like I said with everything installed but with no wireless connecting coming thru. I hope these pictures help. And if you need for me to take more pictures I will do that for you too. Hope to hear from you soon. Take care

Screen Shots:

20140503_192731.jpg 20140503_192911.jpg 20140503_193118.jpg 20140503_193845.jpg 20140503_195220.jpg

Ralgonzo

Edited by ralgonzo, 04 May 2014 - 12:42 AM.

Trevorever

Trevorever

• PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Yes, thank you for the pictures. I don't think it is a driver issue. Hopefully we can narrow it down now.

First, let's make sure there is actually signal where that computer is. Can you put your other computer nearby and use the USB adapter and see if it finds your wireless network?

ralgonzo

ralgonzo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Yes, thank you for the pictures. I don't think it is a driver issue. Hopefully we can narrow it down now.

First, let's make sure there is actually signal where that computer is. Can you put your other computer nearby and use the USB adapter and see if it finds your wireless network?

Trevorever,

The USB Plugg lights up like it's getting a signal, but of course it is not. But other than my computer. I connected my bro, computer with the USB plug in the same room with the router and it's receiving the wireless connection. My computer (with the connection problems) and router are in two different rooms,but there right next door to each other. Very close actually, and before in the past my pc had received a wireless signal before and especially being in two different rooms. Should I disconnect my computer and take it to the other room to see if there's a signal? I don't think I should, but let me know what you think though. If I do end up having to do that it would take a little bit of time, and a little bit of time to get back to you. There's just a spider web of wires behind the unit lol. Well, it's not that bad, I just have to be careful to move my computer stuff around. :D

Well, pretty much everything else is getting a signal except for my pc. But like I have mentioned my computer always had success getting a wireless connection before and there was never an issue with the signal being cut out until recently.

I think that's what you wanted to know in your question you have posted above. If I misunderstood your question, I apologize and please feel free to ask me again. I do hope we can continue to move forward in as you say narrowing the problems we are facing, and also hope to hear from you again soon. 

Ralgonzo.

Edited by ralgonzo, 04 May 2014 - 10:40 PM.

Trevorever

Trevorever

• PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Should I disconnect my computer and take it to the other room to see if there's a signal? I don't think I should, but let me know what you think though. If I do end up having to do that it would take a little bit of time, and a little bit of time to get back to you. There's just a spider web of wires behind the unit lol. Well, it's not that bad, I just have to be careful to move my computer stuff around. :D

The signal is probably not the problem, but it would be a good idea to try this to rule out the possibility of there being strange interferance issues where your computer is right now.

However, I have noticed something that seems like it might be related to the issue. You have WinPcap installed on your computer, usually this is installed alongside a network sniffing application. Sometimes it will put an adapter into a 'listening' mode in order to record untained network traffic data. Have you ever installed a program with some kind of function like that?

ralgonzo

ralgonzo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

However, I have noticed something that seems like it might be related to the issue. You have WinPcap installed on your computer, usually this is installed alongside a network sniffing application. Sometimes it will put an adapter into a 'listening' mode in order to record untained network traffic data. Have you ever installed a program with some kind of function like that?

Trevorever,

About WinPcap... No. I never installed anything like that before. :headscratch:   I did not even know it was there to begin with on my computer and much less no what it is. I mean there are a little bit of softwares I am familiar with, like Adobe, Kaspersky, etc, etc. But should this WinPcap be removed? I see it in my Programs and Features Uninstall section. It's actually the first time today I have noticed that software being there.

Either way. About trying out my computer in the other room. Well... I suppose I could give it a try in connecting my computer in the same room with the router and see if I get an wireless connection. I know I have come this far with your help and well it's worth a try. I'll see what I can do and come back to you with an update either sometime today or tomorrow. Talk to you soon. Keep in touch.

Ralgonzo.

ralgonzo

ralgonzo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

The signal is probably not the problem, but it would be a good idea to try this to rule out the possibility of there being strange interferance issues where your computer is right now.

Trevorever,

I am back with an update. Earlier Monday night I went ahead and disconnected my computer and took my computer to the next room where the router is. After I had turned on my computer, and plugged the USB wireless adapter in the other room where the router is, I waited to see if there would be a wireless connection. Well, unfortunately that did not happen. Things remain the same. It looks like no matter which room I have my pc in there would be no wireless connection coming in. My computer is currently back in my room. Also here are a couple of pictures to show you of there being no connection from the other room with the router.

Screen Shots:

20140505_225758a.jpg 20140505_230045b.jpg .

As for any kind of interference... Maybe there is a certain type of interference I don't know. :headscratch: It be interesting to hear what your thoughts and advice you may have are. Either way to say the least it is a mystery on why this issue of mine I'm having is occurring. Talk to you soon. :D

Ralgonzo

Trevorever

Trevorever

• PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Thanks, I think that rules out any signal problems.

Ok, first create a system restore point

Then uninstall the following programs:

MyStart Anti-phishing Domain Advisor

Akamai NetSession

Cisco EAP-FAST Module

Cisco LEAP Module

Cisco PEAP Module

WinPcap

Reboot your computer then test

ralgonzo

ralgonzo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Thanks, I think that rules out any signal problems.

Ok, first create a system restore point

Then uninstall the following programs:

MyStart Anti-phishing Domain Advisor

Akamai NetSession

Cisco EAP-FAST Module

Cisco LEAP Module

Cisco PEAP Module

WinPcap

Reboot your computer then test

Trevorever,

I have uninstalled the programs you wanted me to uninstall. However the programs Cisco EAP-FAST Module, Cisco LEAP Module, and Cisco PEAP Module were not on the add and remove programs section to uninstall. It's like if they where already uninstalled. The only thing related to these programs are the installation files to install them. Other than that, that's about it with those particular Cisco programs. After I have rebooted my computer, nothing changed yet again. Things remain as they where before. A system restore point that you have asked me to create has been created. :D 

I look forward in hearing from you soon and what other thoughts you my have to share.

Ralgonzo

Advertisements

Trevorever

Trevorever

• PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Ok, I am almost out of ideas of things to try aside from restoring your computer from the recovery partition.

Here is one last thing to try.

Download D7 and extract the folder. Open D7.exe. after accepting the EULA, etc, click on Windows Repair in the left column. Under the Networking catagory in the middle, click all the checkboxes.  Then click Start Auto Mode in the top left corner. When it says it is finished, reboot your computer.

ralgonzo

ralgonzo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Ok, I am almost out of ideas of things to try aside from restoring your computer from the recovery partition.

Here is one last thing to try.

Download D7 and extract the folder. Open D7.exe. after accepting the EULA, etc, click on Windows Repair in the left column. Under the Networking catagory in the middle, click all the checkboxes.  Then click Start Auto Mode in the top left corner. When it says it is finished, reboot your computer.

Trevorever,

Thanks for the link to the D7 software. After I have installed D7 and checked all the boxes under Networking, I tried to click Start Auto Safe Mode, but when I clicked it a small message popped up and told me that feature(Start Auto Mode) is only available on a Premium version of D7.

So with that being said, I have not been able to use the program to try and see if it helps fix my wireless issues. I did try to update the D7 software as well, and I was still not able to use the Start Auto Mode feature.

As far as It goes to you almost running out of ideas in helping with my wireless connection... I would have run out of ideas long ago lol. Though your help all this time has been great to me and each attempts we tried were good attempts. At the start of the very beginning when I came here to the forums, I was already trying to see if I could get this particular issue fixed by going to youtube, and thinking that it was just a small issue I had. I never thought though that this pesky problem I have would be so challenging and yet such a mystery as to why things are the way they are. 

All of this leads to me of what you said, which is restoring my computer. Would I lose all of my files by using the recovery partition? I have put some thought about restoring my computer and the fact that it is possible knowing it's going to be restored to like it was new. My thought is, that I have thought it over about investing in a extended portable hard drive to back up my files. Of course given if all else fails. I'm in the early stages of hopefully buying a extended hard drive in the near future. Who knows though. Maybe I won't have to, If I get to try the D7 software, that software may do the trick and avoid having to do a restoration on the computer.(fingers crossed) :D

Either way I hope that your not just completely out of ideas. Maybe you could pull out another cat out of the bag so to speak lol.... All the way up to this point, I thank you so much for being here from the start in helping me. I know that your help with me is not done yet and even though your running out of ideas, but I thought it would be nice to thank you anyways.

If you have anything to say in regards to the D7 software, let me know. As far as anything else goes I hope to hear from you again soon.

Ralgonzo

Edited by ralgonzo, 07 May 2014 - 10:29 PM.

Trevorever

Trevorever

• PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Oops, sorry I forgot the free version wouldn't do that. It does pretty much the same thing as the tweaking.com tool, so it probably wouldn't fix the issue anyway.

Yes, restoring from the recovery partition will wipe out all your data, so you would need a backup. Alternatively, you could try reposting the issue in the Malware removal forum. It may be unlikely that this issue is caused by malware, but it is still possible. If you do that, you should probably think to this thread.

ralgonzo

ralgonzo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Alternatively, you could try reposting the issue in the Malware removal forum. It may be unlikely that this issue is caused by malware, but it is still possible. If you do that, you should probably think to this thread.

Trevorever,

Hi. I have a question for you. Earlier today I went to the Malware Forum and I was told that I would have to post a OTL log :headscratch: Forgive me for not knowing what that term means or how to go and post that. But how does one find a OTL log and use it online?

Once again, thank you very much for your help you have done for me these past few weeks. :spoton:

Ralgonzo

Edited by ralgonzo, 09 May 2014 - 10:39 PM.

dbreeze

dbreeze

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,184 posts

They were referring you to this topic / link

http://www.geekstogo...cleaning-guide/

This will walk you through the process of downloading the OTL program and running it to get the logs they need to help with your problem.