Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer shutting down by itself

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

ckb0118

ckb0118

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Hello, I am helping my mom with her computer.  She has Windows Vista, an HP desktop w1907.  I think I posted a year and a half ago and had to replace a bad hard drive. 

For the past month, my mom has occasionally experienced the computer shutting down by itself.  It seems it most often happens when whatching online videos. 

AVG waqs installed on the computer but was expiring.  I first installed Malwarebytes and it did find somethings. I then restored to an earlier restore point, which seemed to help.  Then I uninstalled AVG and installed the free Avira. 

She is still experiencing the shutdown, noticablly when watching clips online.

I have attached the Blue Screen I experienced when trying to play something.  

I have tried several times to run OTL, but I keep getting the same Not resopnding message as soon as I start it. 

Thank you in advance for your help!

Advertisements