Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virus Removal, restore admin, and c drive

• Please log in to reply

trAy23

trAy23

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I hope someone can help! My computer is being controlled remotely and I don't know how. I have a fake windows and even thought I an listed as admin, I have no admin access. My c drive is locked and I am on a virtual drive. When I download, the file is made into a shortcut and I cant access file location on C drive. I just got this laptop, but there are thousands of weird files and pictures. Also, all kind of users but I cant see them. When I do go into file properties, I see them. I can not edit their permissions. I somehow download Malware Bytes cameleon but it would not complete full scan because of Upnp files that contained torrence? Then it finished scan and said computer was fine. I just looked at what the download looked like and it was completely different. I did get Norton on this am, but as I was changing setting, it just stopped responding and disappeared. My computer was already acting up, so I looked up Microsoft help line #. Well, needless to say, my dumb ignorant self let them remotely connect and then they wanted 279. to fix it. I am at my wits end, because everytime I seem to stop their remote access or bad files, they just reappear. I have downloaded mbam, but now file is gone. There are shared files that I can not access, and everything I do is logged. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I think this all started when my neighbor hacked my network. He disabled my antivirus/malware program, turn off firewall, then took over my modem authority. One laptop has crashed along with a cellphone, and this laptop, along with my daughters, is now infected. Also, when I turn on boot options, there is a program called Insyde H2o and I have an HP laptop

Edited by trAy23, 13 April 2014 - 11:29 AM.

Advertisements

azarl

azarl

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 25,310 posts

trAy23

I'm sorry but we can't help you with this. The only help I can give you is to purchase a legitimate copy of Windows, format your drive and reinstall.

Alternatively, for a free alternative, have you considered installing Ubuntu? It's a version of Linux that's user-friendly, easy to use and has masses of free programs available.