Welcome to Geeks to Go
--the friendliest online community dedicated to the sole goal of helping people from all around the world!
I am Pyxis and I will be assisting you with the problem at hand. Whilst I am taking the time to analyse your set of provided logs, I would like to stress the following reminders:
- I am a student that is currently undergoing training. As such, my responses have to be checked by a professional before I present them to you to ensure you get the best quality help. If you deem I have overlooked your thread, which is in a matter of more than 24 hours, please send me a PM and I will get back to you shortly.
- It is important that you do not install anything unless asked while the process is ongoing. Doing so may hinder or even complicate the cleaning of your system. You will get the chance to install things as you would like after the process has been completed.
- Ensure you take extra caution to precisely follow my instructions. It is important that you only use the tools I have asked you to. The instructions for your computer are unique and should therefore only apply to your system.
I hope you keep in mind these reminders. I will be right back with a full response!
- Step 1
If you haven't already, download 'OTL by OldTimer' and save it to your desktop or move your existing copy into the said location.
- Simply double-click the program icon to run it. It will ask for administrator privileges.
- Ensure that the following settings are followed. Make sure all other windows are closed and let it run uninterrupted.
- Click Run Scan.
- After a short while, two Notepad windows will appear, named OTL.txt and Extras.txt. Alternatively, you can also find these at your desktop.
- Copy and paste (CTRL + A and CTRL + C) the content of these logs in your next reply.
- Logs to Post
In summary of the above, I will need you to post the following log(s):
- Extras.txt (OTL)
- OTL.txt (OTL)