Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Stormfall ads [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Shady

Shady

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
Results of screen317's Security Check version 0.99.82  
 Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 (UAC is enabled)  
 Internet Explorer 11  
``````````````Antivirus/Firewall Check:`````````````` 
 Windows Firewall Enabled!  
Microsoft Security Essentials   
 Antivirus up to date!  
`````````Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:````````` 
  Adobe Flash Player 12.0.0.77 Flash Player out of Date!  
 Adobe Reader 10.1.9 Adobe Reader out of Date!  
 Google Chrome 33.0.1750.154  
 Google Chrome 34.0.1847.116  
````````Process Check: objlist.exe by Laurent````````  
 Microsoft Security Essentials MSMpEng.exe 
 Microsoft Security Essentials msseces.exe 
`````````````````System Health check````````````````` 
 Total Fragmentation on Drive C: 21% Defragment your hard drive soon! (Do NOT defrag if SSD!)
````````````````````End of Log`````````````````````` 

Advertisements

Shady

Shady

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
ESETSmartInstaller@High as downloader log:
all ok
# version=8
# OnlineScannerApp.exe=1.0.0.1
# OnlineScanner.ocx=1.0.0.6920
# api_version=3.0.2
# EOSSerial=2f47adb4efef8a4e85ae13278fcbb5d8
# engine=18024
# end=finished
# remove_checked=false
# archives_checked=true
# unwanted_checked=true
# unsafe_checked=true
# antistealth_checked=true
# utc_time=2014-04-25 06:36:58
# local_time=2014-04-25 01:36:58 (-0600, Central Daylight Time)
# country="United States"
# lang=1033
# osver=6.1.7601 NT Service Pack 1
# compatibility_mode=5893 16776574 100 94 23868874 149951268 0 0
# scanned=131430
# found=0
# cleaned=0
# scan_time=5061

Shady

Shady

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
www.malwarebytes.org

Scan Date: 4/25/2014
Scan Time: 12:07:24 AM
Logfile: Malware.txt
Administrator: Yes

Version: 2.00.1.1004
Malware Database: v2014.04.25.01
Rootkit Database: v2014.03.27.01
License: Free
Malware Protection: Disabled
Malicious Website Protection: Disabled
Chameleon: Disabled

CPU: x64
File System: NTFS
User: John

Scan Type: Threat Scan
Result: Completed
Objects Scanned: 281846
Time Elapsed: 6 min, 53 sec

Memory: Enabled
Startup: Enabled
Filesystem: Enabled
Archives: Enabled
Rootkits: Enabled
Shuriken: Enabled
PUP: Enabled
PUM: Enabled

Processes: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Modules: 0

Registry Keys: 5
PUP.Optional.GreatArcadeHits.A, HKLM\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\INTERFACE\{EE0C9EF1-B2AD-407B-9707-0124CC9BF85E}, Quarantined, [23dd2ad6fe02c43c34c740db37cb37c9], 
PUP.Optional.GreatArcadeHits.A, HKLM\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\TypeLib\{5530C971-3D8F-471B-AC49-4CC23FA955E2}, Quarantined, [07f98e72f50bec1495667c9fa55d619f], 
PUP.Optional.GreatArcadeHits.A, HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432NODE\CLASSES\INTERFACE\{EE0C9EF1-B2AD-407B-9707-0124CC9BF85E}, Quarantined, [07f98e72f50bec1495667c9fa55d619f], 
PUP.Optional.GreatArcadeHits.A, HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432NODE\CLASSES\TypeLib\{5530C971-3D8F-471B-AC49-4CC23FA955E2}, Quarantined, [de22916fbe42cb35c932cd4ea85a8a76], 
PUP.Optional.Adpeak, HKU\S-1-5-18-{ED1FC765-E35E-4C3D-BF15-2C2B11260CE4}-0\SOFTWARE\APPDATALOW\SOFTWARE\Scorpion Saver, Quarantined, [e31d13edd729dd237031364ef60cd729], 

Registry Values: 0

Registry Data: 0

Folders: 0

Files: 0

Physical Sectors: 0

(end)

Shady

Shady

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

'SearchProtection' has been deleted as well from the Program list

Pyxis

Pyxis

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,228 posts
How is your computer running? Are you still bothered by ads? :)

Shady

Shady

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
Running pretty good. Haven't seen an ad in a while. Never showed up often to begin with but more of a completely random deal. I'm guessing its all gone now? :)

Pyxis

Pyxis

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,228 posts
Looks like it. :thumbsup:
  • Step 1

You currently have the following outdated program(s) installed. I highly recommend that you perform an update. You will find the download link(s) for the new version(s) below.Note: Please untick any optional offers Adobe products might come with. Uninstall the previous version(s) before installing the updated one(s). If you run into any errors, let me know.

Shady

Shady

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Updated both apps.  Any additional logs or apps I need to run for you?

Pyxis

Pyxis

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,228 posts
Thank you for your cooperation. Your logs show no sign of infection. Congratulations, your system is now clean. :thumbsup: Below are a few more steps you have to complete to ensure the good working condition of your system.

Remove Special Tools with OTL by OldTimer

Using this tool will remove all temporary, and unnecessary files still in your computer after using the tools I asked you to run earlier.
  • Double-click OTL.exe to run it. For Windows Vista and Windows 7 users, please run it as an administrator.
    • As seen on the interface, click the CleanUp button.
    • You will be asked to reboot after. Please allow it to do so by clicking Yes on the next prompt.
Set a Clean Restore Point

Doing this will prevent you from a possible reinfection. You see, malicious files try to save a copy of themselves in the System Volume Information storage. The latter is a protected directory; the best way to get rid of these possible copies is to do the step below. Since your system is now clean, it is essential to set a clean and working backup.
  • Navigate to Start, right-click Computer and click Properties.
    • On the left, click System protection.
    • Click Create.... Input any title and press Create.
    • Once done, press Close > OK.
    • Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools.
    • Right-click on Disk Cleanup. Run it as an administrator.
    • If you have more than one drive, select your default one (C:). Otherwise, wait for its initialization to finish.
    • Check the following boxes (you may choose to add more):
      • Temporary Internet Files
      • Recycle Bin
      • Temporary Files
    • Navigate to the More Options tab.
    • Under System Restore and Shadow Copies, click Cleanup... > Delete > OK.
I will now proceed to giving to tips on how to maintain your system as it is. You can do the following as a routine to ensure that your system will work properly. Anytime you encounter an infection again, please do not hesitate to go back here at Geeks to Go. :)

Keep Your Computer Updated

Your current Windows operating system needs to install additional updates which are important, one of which is the Service Pack. The latter and other updates contain fixes and patches to prevent attackers from compromising your system. It is imperative that you keep your system up-to-date by obtaining free updates whenever they are available.
  • Install the latest Service Pack by going 'here'. If you already have, continually visit the official 'Microsoft Windows Update' site to keep your system up-to-date.
Update Java

One of the programs you use every day unknowingly is Java. It is necessary for a lot of applications thus you should make sure it is always up-to-date. Older versions may be prone to exploits and vulnerabilities.
  • Download the latest 'Java' installation and save it to your desktop.
    • You need to uninstall any previous Java installations.
      • For Windows XP: Navigate to Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.
      • For Windows Vista: Navigate to Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features or Uninstall a Program.
      • For Windows 7: Navigate to Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features or Uninstall a Program.
    • Search the list for previous installations of Java such as all versions below:
      • Java™ 7 Update 55
    • Proceed to uninstalling the old versions and install the one you've just downloaded.
Update Your Anti-Virus Every Day
  • Updating
Ensuring that you have one anti-virus installed in your system is a good way to prevent being infected. You must always make sure to update your anti-virus every day; anti-virus companies see to to it that the latest definition updates are distributed to be in par with the growing advancement and propagation of malware. Your anti-virus is useless if you do not update it.
  • Scanning
Set a scanning routine. Ensure that you do a full scan with your anti-virus monthly. This is part of maintaining a clean system--a scanning routine proves to be effective. You can never be sure when your computer has caught an infection.

Surf Safe

Alongside your anti-virus and firewall, various programs such as SpywareBlaster can be obtained to help you avoid malicious sites. Don't worry as it poses no conflict to your current installation. Please find the download link in the program's name below.SpywareBlaster can help keep your system secure, without interfering with the "good side" of the web. Unlike other programs, it does not have to remain running in the background. It works alongside the programs you have to ensure safe surfing.
  • Just like your regular security programs, SpywareBlaster needs to be updated every day.
    • Open the program by clicking the icon.
    • Click Updates > Check For Updates.
    • If there happens to be an update, a Enable All Protection button will appear. Please click that button.
If you have any unresolved issues with regard to this thread or you need more :help: please ask me. I would assist you further, should it be required. Otherwise, enjoy your clean system.

:cheers:

Thank you.

Shady

Shady

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

I went to see if I had any other version of Java before I updated or downloaded a fresh copy.  "ScorpionSaver" was still listed.  Tried to uninstall and it wont let me.  Just an FYI.  

Advertisements

Pyxis

Pyxis

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,228 posts
It should be gone after this. :)
  • Step 1

Copy and paste the content of the code box below into an empty Notepad window.
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall]
    "{9B65F9A3-9D24-452A-B6EF-1457D65E4259}"=-
    • Save it on your desktop as Fix.reg.
    • Open the file by double-clicking it and allow it to run. You will be prompted for an action.

TWQ4Q.png

• Don't be afraid as it is safe. Click Yes to proceed.

Shady

Shady

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Still a no go.  Won't let me delete it.  

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled.png
  • Untitled 1.png

Pyxis

Pyxis

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,228 posts
  • Step 1

Download 'Fix It by Microsoft' and save it to your desktop.
    • Simply double-click the program icon to run it. It will ask for administrator privileges.
    • Click Accept > Browse and choose your desktop. Press Save after.
    • Once it has finish downloading, click Finish.
    • Go to the folder named Fix it portable and double-click Launch Fix it.exe.
    • From the selection choose Install or upgrade software or hardware.
    • At the very bottom, click the Run Now button beside Fix problems that programs cannot be installed or uninstalled.
    • Select Detect problems and let me select the fixes to apply > Uninstalling > ScorpionSaver > Next. If the program cannot be found choose Not Listed{9B65F9A3-9D24-452A-B6EF-1457D65E4259} > Next.
    • Follow the rest of the on-screen instructions.
    • At the very end, a log will be made available to you.
    • Post the log and check whether or not the entry is still present.

Shady

Shady

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

I did your steps.  However, I did not see an option for a log (or I overlooked it).  But it did say, however, that the process is complete and fixed!  I went and looked in my program list and it's no longer listed :)  

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.