Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

pc restarting constantly

• Please log in to reply

DJ_Inferno

DJ_Inferno

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

my pc is constantly restarting on its on. there is no blue screen error there are no mini dumps either. it just turns off instantly then restarts. it got to the point it wouldn't even get past the windows 8 logon screen. I changed the power lead and now it stays on for at least an hour before restarting. I contacted leader computers who built my pc and they are trying to tell me its a Trojan or virus. well I have run malwarebytes pro which is also running in the background. I have run Kaspersky done spybot and also jumped online to housecall all showing nothing. I am thinking its a hardware issue casuing this to happen. My event viewer is constantly showing the same critical error

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

source : Kernel-power

event id :41

task catergory (63)

any advice would be good please as if its hardware I will make sure these guys fix it and not try to pass the buck and blame it on a Trojan or virus

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

Hello Dj_inferno

Please provide information about your computer, this includes is it a notebook or desktop, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if it is a brand name provide the model name or series number (not serial) if a custom build post the brand and model name or number for the MB, add on video card if one is used and the PSU (power supply unit) providing these details will enable us to better assist you.

DJ_Inferno

DJ_Inferno

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Ifs a desktop made by leader computers in australia it is their discovery gaming system.... here are all the specs Features and specs:
Intel Discovery 3790 Gaming & Entertainment Desktop
Processor: Intel Core i7-3770 Quad Core 3.4GHz
Mainboard: Gigabyte H77 chipset mATX Mainboard with 2*USB3.0 ports
VGA: 4GB nVidia GT-630 16X PCI-E Dedicated Graphics
Memory: Kingston HyperX 32GB DDR-3 1600MHz
Optical Drive: LG 10X Combo Drive
Hard Drive: 2TB Hard Drive
External (back of case) I/O ports: 1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse port; 1 x D-Sub port; 1 x DVI-D port; 1 x HDMI port; 2 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports; 4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports; 1 x RJ-45 port; 3 x audio jacks (Line In/Line Out/Microphone)
Case: High performance "Mid-Tower" for gamers and enthusiast. Aggressive "X" concept design case - a gamers' dream! Supports longer high-end VGA cards up to 295 mm. Supports 9 x 5.25" bays and maximum 6 x 2.5"/3.5" HDDs (internal) with HDD convertor bracket. Anti-vibration pad included to dampen PSU vibration. Each HDD bracket can mount a 12cm fan to cool HDD individually. "Easy-install" screw-less kits for the 5.25" devices. 1 x USB2.0 + 1 x USB3.0 and Audio/Mic ports are easily accessible from the top of case. CPU hole is pre-drilled on the Motherboard for easy access to cooler installation. Cable management holes are pre-drilled with high end rubber protection. Dust filter included to prevent dust entering from the bottom of case. Supports water-cooling. Supports 1 x SSD
Networking: Integrated 10/100/1000 LAN + USB Wireless LAN
Microsoft Office: Bonus Microsoft Office trial
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 Professional
Case dimensions (mm): 465mm (H) x 190mm (W) x 490mm (D)
1 Year Australia Wide Onsite Parts & Labour Warranty

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

There is no PSU information included, can you take the side off the case and make a note of any information that may be written on it and post it with your next reply, see example attached.

Download Speedfan and install it.  Once it's installed, run the program and post here the information it shows.  The information I want you to post is the stuff that is circled in the example picture I have attached.

If you are running on a vista machine, please go to where you installed the program and run the program as administrator.

speedfan.png

(this is a screenshot from a vista machine)

Download then run HWMonitor and post a screenshot so that we have a comparison to the Speedfan results, details from here

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

To capture and post a screenshot;

Click on the ALT key + PRT SCR key..its on the top row..right hand side..now click on start...all programs...accessories...paint....left click in the white area ...press CTRL + V...click on file...click on save...save it to your desktop...name it something related to the screen your capturing... BE SURE TO SAVE IT AS A .JPG ...otherwise it may be to big to upload... then after typing in any response you have... click on browse...desktop...find the screenshot..select it and click on the upload button...then on the lower left...after it says upload successful...click on add reply like you normally would.

Screenshot instructions are provided to assist those that may read this topic but are not yet aware of the “how to”.

DJ_Inferno

DJ_Inferno

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Thanks but i cant even turn it on now and i hear sparking sound from the psu so pretty sure i know the problem

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

That does not sound promising or safe  :(

Just cause for them taking the computer back and repairing it, good luck and let us know how you get on with the retailer.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Gday.

How are you getting on with your claim for repair under warranty?