Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virus!

• Please log in to reply

DanVoss911

DanVoss911

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Everytime i boot my laptop up a text warning appears on the screen saying that the systems product key isn't genuine, i then press ok but then another warning pops up, i try to exit it but then a serious warning comes up, it says if i don't complete a survey within a site and get another key then my system will be unusable. and firefox got deleted from the computer and i cannot open CMD. i'm pretty sure this is a virus but i've tried many ways to remove it, with many antivirus and malware programs nothing has worked, the popup always comes up when i boot my computer up what else can i do except for running a bunch of antivirus software.

Advertisements

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts

:welcome:

Lets take a look.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
  • Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Make sure that under Optional Scans, there is a checkmark on Addition.txt and Shortcut.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another two logs (Addition.txt and Shortcut.txt). Please attach these to your reply.