Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please help! Format PC and Win XP istall

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Promojo

Promojo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Yes, and it asked me to press a key to reboot from cd-rom and I pressed enter. It took a little while to load, and then prompted me with the mentioned message.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
ah i see. or well...i have never seen that happen. it shouldn't matter what version of windows you're using to format the machine.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

It may be insensitive but the fact remains you are using a pirated/copied version of XP which is both illegal and not supported by this forum..

Should you purchase your own copy or a license for that copy from Microsoft, we will be able to continue support..

Until then, I will be asking a Moderator to close this thread!!

Sorry..

Murray

View Post

Well said, Murray!

Murray is right on the money. Even though it is a sad/awkward situation involving the death of your friend, we still cannot help you any further anywhere on this forum. We have a STRICT policy regarding this, and we do not break it for any reason.

Good luck to you.

ALSO...please do not continue to pm members to ask them to help you that way. Continuing to do so will result in the loss of your posting priviledges. :tazz:

Edited by ~Kat~, 09 June 2005 - 03:28 PM.