Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to burn dual layer DVDs

• Please log in to reply

cullcull

cullcull

• Pip
  • 7 posts

I was able to burn dual layer dvds when I was running WindowsXP. Since changing to Windows7 I am unable to burn DL. Anybody have a fix?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

:welcome:   cullcull

What burning software are you using.

Please provide information about your computer, this includes is it a notebook or desktop, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if it is a brand name provide the model name or series number (not serial)  providing these details will enable us to better assist you.

cullcull

cullcull

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I use Convertx, Nero & BurnAware:  -  LG Supermulti - SecurDisc internal cd/dvd drive.     Custom desktop pc., processor: Intel® Celeron® E1400

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

Download then run Speccy and post the resultant url for us, details here

cullcull

cullcull

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

http://speccy.pirifo...uooKXAaLyjCJXcX

cullcull

cullcull

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Nero report if it is any help.

Attached Files

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

Have you checked the Device Manager for any yellow ! or red X against the optical drive.

Try Microsoft Fix It, details here

Free AC3 Filter Codec here if you need it.

Couple of things of note from your Speccy log that will not help and so need addressing and/or checking out;

1: The +12V rail on your PSU is shown to be low, we should check this in any event but it is possible that your burner is not getting enough power.

2: You have Tune Up Utilities 2014 installed, this type of  software is at best a gimmick and it has the potential to hose your computer, uninstall it asap, read miekiemoes blog here

3: You have the AVG toolbar installed, again get rid of it to avoid problems, this probably installed when you downloaded Tune Up Utilities btw.

Tip, avoid downloading anything from CNET as it has become the pits and whatever you download from there will have foistware attached.

cullcull

cullcull

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Device manager is fine.

Ran Fix It.

Installed AC3 filter codec.

At least it now recognizes DL disc is inserted and burn process begins. I think my problem is now with the disc itself, I am using TDK which have worked for me in the past but I think they may be faulty. I have tried three discs and get the same error report (attached). Will buy some new discs and try again.

Uninstalled Tune Up & AVG. Thanks.

CNET tip noted.

Attached Thumbnails

• error.jpg

Edited by cullcull, 18 April 2014 - 12:04 PM.

cullcull

cullcull

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Had the same problem with new disc.

Downloaded newer version of driver from LG web site  -  Problem now solved. Thanks for your assistance.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

Glad you got it sorted and thanks for the follow up cullcull  :thumbsup:

You are welcome btw  :)