Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need help really bad PLEASE

• Please log in to reply

kandiskay

kandiskay

• Pip
  • 2 posts

have a dell laptop with windows 7

it will not let me login past login window comes up with (The group policy client service failed the login access is denied) I have found lots of answers on line but it is for people that know lots about computers...........like log in as admin. but does not tell you how to do that if it is not on the screen.

I log in it goes to the login screen that has only the dell logo and my name below it, when I click on it to log in  the welcome screen comes on then the  above message comes on with a ok window below it. click on it the same thing happens all over again............same thing in safe mode it does the same thing. I need help that is step by step PLEASE

I live in a rual area with no computer places around the one that was here , the owner went to jail and I lost my last computer because I had taken to them.The shop was shut down and my computer and software was all taken to places unknown. so please some I need help

Thanks so much in advance

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

If you need to use the hidden Administrator account in Vista or Windows 7 but have not enabled it and you don't have a working Administrator level account available, see this Tutorial by Dinesh: User Account Password - Change from WinRE System Repair Disc.

Basically you swap cmd.exe and magnify.exe so when you select Magnify fronm your install DVD (see below) it launches a Command Prompt from where you can issue the net user command to activate the hidden Administrator account. Just remember to swap them back when donw.

=====================================================================================

If you do not have a Windows 7 installation DVD, or it's not up to the Service Pack level currently installed, you can download a legal copy with SP1 integrated from here:

Windows 7 Direct Download Links

Make sure you get the same version you have, Home Premium, Pro or Ultimate and 32 or 64 bit. Note that Basic or Starter is not available.

I recommend using ImgBurn at 4X speed (or the slowest available) to create the DVD from the downloaded .iso file. Just be careful during the install not to accidentally install some of the bundled junk that comes with it. Always take The Custom Install option.

You can do this on any computer capable of burning a DVD.

YOU MUST HAVE A VALID KEY TO INSTALL THIS .ISO.
The one on the COA sticker on your computer will work.

If you are just using the Recovery Console you do not need a key.

You can also create a bootable USB Flash drive (4GB or larger) to install Windows 7 from.

• Download and run Universal USB Installer Easy as 1 2 3
  • Select Windows 7 from the first drop down list, all the way to the bottom
  • Select the downloaded Windows 7 iso file
  • Select your USB flash drive
  • Click Create

For techies or folks who work on computers:

Create Windows 7 Universal ISO With All Editions Selection On Install with ei.cfg Removal Utility.

This will fit on a 6GB flash drive or can be burned to a DVD.

kandiskay

kandiskay

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

thank you for the responce the recovery cd and everything else are downloaded on the computer, also I can not download anything as I can not get past the log in page I can not go any place but with the f keys like f2 f8 and f12 but don't have much luck there as I do not know what I am doing any other ideas that I can do ? what I posted before is all that happens even in safe mode should I make a copy of something from a friend computer?  thank you for getting back to me

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

Download on a different computer to create the DVD or flash drive to use on the one you are having trouble with.