Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Gmail won't quite load in Win 7 Home Premium

• Please log in to reply

Plutox

Plutox

• PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

I can access my  gmx, outlook, aol emails OK but clicking on Google Mail - Inbox, in Chrome, it begins the loading blue strip till almost the end and then stops and no matter how long I wait it never completes.

Now I have installed Win 7 on my netbook, Medion E1210 which has probably the minimum requirements viz.

Ram 1GB

1.60 Ghz Intel Atom N270

160 GB HDD

Could this be the reason gmail stops? I can access gmail via other ways which give limited features.

Any advice - please - thanks.

Advertisements

jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• Expert
  • 92 posts
  • MVP

When loading GMAIL, click on "Load basic HTML" - see if that works.

Apologies - don't know what to tell you about the other email clients at this time.

1 GB RAM is killing you; 2 GB RAM minimum needed for Windows 7 x86.

Not enough RAM causes excessive paging activity - the system used the HDD (page file) as memory (virtual) when physical RAM (1 GB) runs out. 

The HDD is 1,000 of times slower than physical RAM; hence slowing your system way down.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

Plutox

Plutox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Thanks for that.

1 GB RAM I thought would be the culprit but starting my 2 GB RAM PC I got the same problem!

Gmail troubleshooter indicated perhaps an extension problem so closing them (6) it worked fine so I'll go thru them to see which is the culprit.

But I haven't set any extensions on my Netbook - will check later.

Plutox

Plutox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Yes the culprit is Gmail Classic Compose in the PC.  I've had that for some time with no trouble so at the moment it's a mystery.

Edited by Plutox, 20 April 2014 - 04:12 AM.

jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• Expert
  • 92 posts
  • MVP

This is happening on two different systems connected to the same network?

Any chance of taking one to a wifi hotspot or family/neighbor's and trying on their network?

Plutox

Plutox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Yes, this is happening from one router. But my landlord on the same router has not had this glitch.

In the next week or two I may be able to try all enabled on another connection with my netbook. I'll update the result then.