Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP startup disk was stolen!

• Please log in to reply

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP

Wait!  Usually with an OEM recovery cd it will only work if the units are configured exactly the same.3

I also find it difficult to beleive that a 4 year old dell would not have a disk available for it.  I think you should call them again.

View Post

Jacamus:

That is VERY possible.. I have seen less than 2 year old Dells they will no longer support !!

Murray

Advertisements

Jacamus

Jacamus

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Every time I call Dell they either do not know what I'm talking about or I spoke to a lady not too long ago and she told me to upgrade my computer and that they do not make that kind of start up disk anymore.

View Post

pookie

I work OEM tech support, I know a lot of Dell tech agents. If you call again ask for am manager and keep asking demand a recovery cd do not take no for an answer. Keep calling back. Or you could just take the easy way out and buy xp at best buy (yuck)!