Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

TreeSave Free file manager for an XP pc

• Please log in to reply

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Novice that I am, I would appreciate help in using the TreeSave Free (Version 3.0.1.200) app I just downloaded. In particular:

1. How do I run a scan, say, of the Documents and Settings folder of my C:drive that lists the name and size of each of the *.doc files found there?

2. How do I make an electronic (print to file) copy of the results of that scan-- a copy that I can save as a WORD file  and attach to an email?

Thanks.   ... wdc

Advertisements

b0bl335wa663r

b0bl335wa663r

• PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Hi batpark,

I did not get any information on the app you mentioned. I think you are trying to use an app that analyses the directory or a folder and shows you the results of the data present. I can suggest you a similar app called Windirstat which performs similar functions. You can find a How to use guide here → How to use Windirstat?

You can just use Fn+ PrtSc or PrintScreen to take a screen shot of the analysis and paste it in a Word file. You can attach the word file if you wanted to. See here for more information on Taking a screenshot

Regards,

Bob

b0bl335wa663r

b0bl335wa663r

• PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Sorry, I missed the link for more help in capturing a screenshot. Refer here → How to Capture a Screenshot?

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Bob: And thanks on this oldie too. ...batpark

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

I believe he meant Treesize Free.

To process a directory (Folder) use the Scan option then Select Directory.

To print, select File then Print.

b0bl335wa663r

b0bl335wa663r

• PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Oh, thanks for the guess Ztruker. May be that is the one OP is looking for.