Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

start up problem...1st boot pc

• Please log in to reply

ronmae

ronmae

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

when I turn on my pc problem appear. in welcome screen have a thick lines but no little white circle it looks like this http://tinypic.com/v...=8#.U1cNu_ny-j9  ....in home screen have a many little square appear it look like this http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2vnm2gy&s=8#.U1cNZfny-j9   it hangs in restart. after restart it works with no problem, I play games , watching video etc with no problems ....it happens only when 1st boot up of pc..I think video card need a warm up before it works.. my vc sapphire 5570 1gb ddr3..hahah

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

:welcome:   ronmae

Have you tried starting the computer in Safe Mode with Networking, if not restart the computer and immediately keep tapping the F8 key and  see if the issue is the same in Safe Mode, if the screen looks ok it is possibly a driver issue.

Please provide information about your computer, this includes is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if it is a brand name provide the model name or series number (not serial) if a custom build post the brand and model name or number for the MB and the PSU (power supply unit) providing these details will enable us to better assist you.

ronmae

ronmae

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

no issue in safe mode...it only happens when I buy 2nd hand vc, it did not happen with no vc...but it works after restart, problem appear only when my pc 1st boot after restart it works even I restart many times it works with no problem. this my pc details http://www.drivermax...&iduser=4118145

ronmae

ronmae

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

here is my psu brand name http://www.tipidpc.c...hp?iid=30783133

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Sorry but I am confused by the following from your reply #3

no issue in safe mode...it only happens when I buy 2nd hand vc, it did not happen with no vc

We are only concerned with what happens when you first start your computer in Safe Mode with Networking with the HD 5570 fitted, is the screen ok or is it the same as the picture in your OP.

As an asides ronmae and no disrespect to yourself but I would not trust that PSU as a doorstop, never trust a PSU brand that you have never heard of and especially one that is described as True Rated PSU (Korean Brand) but has Made in China stamped on it  :headhurt:

Your video card requires a 400W or greater PSU that produces 24A or above on the +12V rail, I would be very surprised if your PSU was capable of putting out a stable 400W and any more than 20A on the +12V rail, I am being kind here as well, watch the video and you will see what happens with dodgy no name brand PSUs, view here and Corsair comparison testing here

Your video cards power requirements can be found here

The latest drivers for your video card from here

ronmae

ronmae

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

thanks for the info...I will try safe mode with networking...be right back

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

:thumbsup:

ronmae

ronmae

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

I forgot to tell that my pc can't boot in safe mode by pressing f8 and my pc left speaker no sound when I plug in green port. it's working both speaker left and right if I plug it in blue or pink port by selecting "front speaker out" in realtek hd audio manager option. my speaker is creative a60. I don't know what is the cause of the problem. my motherboard is not new when I bought it, it's already used.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

One problem at a time please ronmae so as not to cause confusion.

I forgot to tell that my pc can't boot in safe mode by pressing f8

Can you tell us why not - as in what happens.

You may need to try more than once as it can be tricky to get the timing right.

Make sure that as soon as you restart the computer you keep on tapping the F8 key, if the computer boots to Windows you have missed it and must restart the computer and try again.

ronmae

ronmae

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

cannot boot in safe boot pressing f8 I tried many times....maybe the lines in start up it conflict to my vc drivers can I uninstall processor driver? INTEL® management engine components, INTEL® processor graphics and INTEL® SDK for OpenCL - CPU only runtime package.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Is the computer a brand name such as Dell or HP or is it a custom build done by yourself or someone else such as a local tech store.

ronmae

ronmae

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

I don't know, I assemble it by buying pc parts. I think I installed it manually when i have no VC but no problem occur....it only start problem when i buy 2nd hand vc sapphire 5570 and used it to my pc and installed driver for my vc. but when I uninstalled driver of 5570 problem not appear like line in start up when 1st boot up. I think the vc is the culprit here or Psu can't give enough power or the motherboard pcie slot have defect.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Just to clarify something, can I ask if you are saying that the 5570 will work ok if you don`t install the Sapphire drivers as in the Windows video drivers are used.

ronmae

ronmae

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

I mean vga driver and yes it works with no driver installed from sapphire like I said before the problem did not appear if I don't installed the 5570 driver. I experiment when I first boot up pc I go 1st to bios mode and wait for 2-3 minutes and exit...viola no screen line in welcome  screen and it works with no restart needed. maybe you give time to driver to load to avoid error but i don't want to enter safe mode always in 1st boot up.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

It does sound like a driver issue so I suggest you try the following;

Create a new restore point.

Download and then use the AMD Clean Uninstall utility from here

Finally use the Automatically Detect and Install driver tool also from here

Restart the computer and test.

If the above does not resolve the issue try rolling back to an earlier driver.

JFYI, the BIOS and Safe Mode are two entirely different things and should not be confused, the BIOS chip  is where the computers initial hardware settings and time/date are stored and Safe Mode is when Windows has been booted into without any third party drivers being allowed to install.