Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Cheap gaming computer build, will it be worth it?

• Please log in to reply

daveyroo

daveyroo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Hello  all, I currently have just the laptop and am looking to get a desktop in the near future, I don't have much spare money so my build that seemed the best for price was as follows...

AMD (i know intel is usually better but £) A8-5600k quad core 3.6ghz & radeon HD 7560D

ASUS A88xm-plus Motherboard

8gb RAM Kingston dual DDR3 1600mhz

1gb nvidia geforce gtx 650

1TB hdd

I don't really have a clue about computers tbh always been a console kinda guy, but making the swap! Will this be any good? I could pay a little more and get the geforce gtx 750ti if that is majorly better? Or a better CPU? Also, stupid question but... getting a wireless card will mean I can connect to my internet via wireless through my router?

Thanks a lot!

Advertisements

daveyroo

daveyroo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Also, would a sixcore 3.6ghz be much better? Costs a bit more would it be worth it? Or would getting a dual core 4.1 or more be better than both? I'm not too sure on cores etc. as I said dunno much about computers! Or would spending a little more on a better graphics card be a better option? I'm not sure how the gtx 650 would cope with new games like battlefield 4?

Edited by daveyroo, 23 April 2014 - 10:18 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,000 posts

:welcome:

Please tell us what the main use of the computer will be and what your maximum budget is, we can then see what we can put together for you.

Missing from your list of parts is an OS such as Windows 7 64-bit, a DVD drive to install the OS and a PSU (power supply unit) do you already have these, if yes post the details of them for us.

Tip

Please do not reply to your own OP or last reply as it may lead to your request for help being overlooked, staff and members who assist on the forums will always check out a topic that has not received any replies to see if they are able to help, if you reply to your own OP it will appear to others viewing the board that you have received a reply and so are already being helped, use the Edit tab, bottom right of the text input box  :thumbsup: