Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need some serious help!

• Please log in to reply

Xellon

Xellon

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

I don't know what to do anymore. My laptop (g73) isn't working anymore. It was working fine yesterday.

When I woke up and turned it on, it was acting all slow. I did everything I could think of, ran virus scanner, used CcCleaner, rouge killer, malwarebytes, etc.

But then my system started shutting down on its own. Quick scan detected nothing.

I tried safemode and it didn't seem to work.

And now.... my computer won't turn on at all. After I restarted, it asked me to insert boot disk. I went into my bios and the computer SHUTS DOWN in the bios!

Now..... I push power and the screen is just black and freezes............

Do I need to RMA the thing? Is it a possible hardware issue? If it is, then what in the world is it?

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,974 posts

Hi,

And now.... my computer won't turn on at all. After I restarted, it asked me to insert boot disk. I went into my bios and the computer SHUTS DOWN in the bios!

Now..... I push power and the screen is just black and freezes............

Do I need to RMA the thing? Is it a possible hardware issue? If it is, then what in the world is it?

The shutdown when you are in BIOS is definitively sign of some hardware problem, if the computer is under warranty you should do a RMA.

The problem could be heat related or some other component not working properly that makes the system shutdown to avoid more damaged. Nothing normal in a recent machine.