Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

one way to fix windows did not receive response from access point or r

no connection/router/

• Please log in to reply

whatsmyline

whatsmyline

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I am not a computer tech, only school I have a degree from is The School of hard knocks.  I have HOURS of beating my head against the wall searching for answers (google has become my best friend)

I am posting here what fixed my network connection and removed the message Windows did not receive a response from router or AC point. If my bald head, as I pulled all my hair out and no sleep will help some one may be I can look back and say it was worth it.

I had been using the router DLINK and connecting to SSID for years and then BOOM compter would not connect.

After following all suggested fixs on line with no results here is what fixed it. 

1. Go to Network and shareing center. I can see a link at the bottom of the icon bottom right of desk top that is used to connect to wifi.

2.Click on Manage wireless connections// Look in colum to the left of screen.

3. Pick the SSID from the list

4. right click and go to properties/  Click on Security set it just like you set up security in router.  Some how mine had got changed.

5.put in pass word click ok

I hope you are now back on line.

If not go back to properties/ security and change pass word to the pin number found on the back of your router. :yeah:

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

Thank you.  I'm just answering this post to get it off the unreplied list.