Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

exe files do execute on my main account (corupt profile?)

• Please log in to reply

mina22

mina22

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi,

I have been working on this for 2 days now. When I try to run some exe files (even when run as .com or .src) on one of the accounts (administrator) windows returns  "windows cannot access the specific device! path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.". I have run every scan I could think of (strart with rkill.com then Adwcleaner Malawarebytes OTL Rougekiller....). They do not return any nasties. 

What makes me belive that it is corupt profile - all works on in safe mode or in new profile I have created.

Is there a way fix this??

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

Yes, use the new profile you create. Copy over everything from the old profiel. Test. When satisfied all is right, delete the old profile and files.

See here: Fix a corrupted profile Windows 7

mina22

mina22

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

:) I thought so. Thanks