Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

lenovo 500 wont start

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Carla Skelton

Carla Skelton

• Pip
  • 5 posts
My lenovo 500 laptop turns on but goes on lenovo start page then goes black and back to lenovo start page and keeps doing that. My laptop has been slow for a few days and I did a disk clean and deleted all my cookies on internet my laptop ran out of battery and since trying to turn it on its just doing that. I have no disks for it as its my grandmas old one and she lost all the disks any help??

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts

Hi Carla,

Welcome to Geeks To Go! :)

I see you started a topic in the Waiting Room as well. Normally that forum is for if your initial post has not been answered in 3 days time. I'll post to it so the other members know you are being taken care of. ;)

As for your issue at hand, take the battery out of the laptop and remove the ac/dc adapter from the laptop and the wall socket. Press and hold the Start Button for 30 seconds or so, then replace the adapter and plug it into the wall socket. Does it start?? If so, now put the battery back in.

Let me if you have success.

Donna :)

Carla Skelton

Carla Skelton

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi
Thank you but its still doing it it didn't work
Carla

Carla Skelton

Carla Skelton

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi
Thank you but its still doing it it didn't work
Carla

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi Carla,

Darn. I'm sorry. 9 out of 10 times that will fix the problem, if the damage is not severe. Hard shut downs like this can turn laptops into expensive door stops.

When you press the Start button to power on the laptop, do you see any screen activity, hear any fans or hard drive activity that would indicate that the laptop is getting power?

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi Carla,

Are you still there? Could you tell me which Operating System is installed? It could be either XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7.

Thank you,

Carla Skelton

Carla Skelton

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Yes it makes noices and windows 7

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Oh my gosh! Carla, I am so sorry. I have no idea how the email notification for your last reply slipped by me. Are you still unable to boot your Levono 500?

Please try this:

Reboot the computer and begin tapping the F8 key as soon as you see the Levono screen appear. Once on the Advanced Boot Options menu (many call this screen the safe mode screen) look for and click on Last known good configuration. Once that process is complete, try to reboot the computer.

Let me know the results or if you still need help.

Is there anything of importance, that you just could not live without saved on the computer, etal: pictures, music, personal documents, etc.? There "may" be a way to restore the laptop to factory settings, though everything will be lost.

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic will be closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Thank you,