Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop at a Stand Still

• Please log in to reply

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP

No new events in the System area.  Does look like Bonjour  is sick so I would uninstall it.  You should get a new copy next time you install an Apple product.

Any improvement?

Advertisements

pianoplayer07

pianoplayer07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Yes. You can actually use the computer now. Boot up and everything seems okay. Nothing really stands out that I know of. That was a really weird episode. What caused it to act up like this?

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP

Error on the hard drive.  Not malware related so they are off the hook for downloading crap (tho there was some adware.)  IF it happens again I would clone the hard drive and replace it.

pianoplayer07

pianoplayer07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Alright, sounds like like a plan. Thank you very, very much for your help. I was at a loss.