Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Asus K52F Bios screen

• Please log in to reply

lclark243

lclark243

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My laptop boots up to a small blue screen that needs a password. I am able to hit enter without entering a password. I am at a menu for Aptio Setuo Utility. I have no idea what to do in order to access my laptop again. The main tab allows me to adjust the date & time. The boot tab gives me the option to delete boot option, & the security tab allows me to set HDD password, user password & disable input/output interfaces. Plesse help

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,770 posts

:welcome:   lclark243

Have you tried booting into Safe Mode by continuously tapping the F8 key when you restart the computer.

Alternatively a possible fix found on Google;

1/ Select the Boot menu in the Aptio setup utility, select 'Launch CSM' and change to enable
2/ Select the Security menu n the Aptio setup utility, select 'secure Boot Control' and change to disable
3/ Select Save & Exit and press 'yes'
4/ Hold down the power button until the unit switches power off completely
5/ Switch back on and continually press the F9 button for about ten seconds; this should now allow the unit to boot up into the Windows Recovery menu
6/ Select 'Advanced Start Up' and wait until the recovery menu appears
7/ Select ' Advanced Options'
8/ Select 'System Restore' and select a date prior to when the problem occurred

Let us know how you get on..

lclark243

lclark243

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I am u able to select any options on the boot screen. Everything is greyed out. There is not even an option that reads launch CSM

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,770 posts
Have you tried booting into Safe Mode by continuously tapping the F8 key when you restart the computer.

Have you tried this.

My laptop boots up to a small blue screen that needs a password

Do you normally see this screen.

Do you at any time see the hard drive activity LED blinking.